Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
U.S. Small Business Product Marketing Manager (PMM)
Small businesses are among PayPal’s most important customers and the lifeblood of the U.S. economy. Since 1995, they’ve generated over 65% of new jobs in the U.S. and employ over 50% of the U.S. working population.
The U.S. Small Business team is looking for a master product marketing manager to help define and deliver the next generation products for small businesses. This person should be an expert on small business needs, an innovator that can help create new product solutions, and a brilliant communicator who can shape product concepts into simple and credible value propositions. We are looking for passionate advocate for small businesses with the organizational, project management, and strategic marketing skills to bring new products to life across our various segments and marketing channels.
- Understand the U.S. small business market through direct customer research, competitive analysis, product usage, win/loss analysis, and user feedback.
- Transform product ideas into actionable concepts and validate market demand through research and in-market tests.
- Oversee a portfolio of small business products and coordinate changes to product features, positioning, pricing, and marketing strategies.
- Collaborate with global counterparts to identify and prioritize common customer problems across regions. Help guide the product development roadmap
- Craft product briefs, value prop messaging, FAQs, and in-product language.
- Develop, socialize, and execute comprehensive go-to-market strategies for new product and feature releases
- 9+ years of experience in product / product marketing roles at brands well known for understanding merchant needs and delivering market leading solutions. Strong understanding of small business merchants and the payments industry preferred.
- Intellectual curiosity and innovative thinking. We are looking for someone who can understand and empathize with small business merchants and develop breakthrough ideas to address their needs.
- Team player who can build strong working relationships, collaborate effectively across multiple stakeholder groups, and levels of leadership, including multiple product, marketing, and brand teams. Strong verbal and written communication skills a must.
- A solid understanding of marketing and go-to-market fundamentals. We want someone who can develop exciting and effective marketing plans and win the confidence of marketing partners.
- Highly motivated, organized, and detail-oriented team player with expertise working in a fast paced, cross-functional manner. Strong project management skills are a must. Someone who can understand the big picture and work quickly through multiple projects and deliverables will thrive.
- Proven track record on delivering results and getting things done.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA a plus.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.