As Product Manager, you’ll lead nimble cross-functional teams of data scientists, business analysts and engineers whoshareyour passion and drive for solving human and business problems with data. In this role, you will:
- Seek to understand how our current data systems are integrated together and proactively identify innovation opportunities, with the attitude of “no problem is too complicated to solve”, improving our ability to further better serve our customers’ financial needs
- Drive vision and strategy by leading product/tech discussions and developing an iterative product roadmap with Card Tech teams and business owners
- Drive product objectives with business cases, product success metrics, design thinking, customer feedback, market research, marketing strategy and competitive analysis
- You should have knowledge of and passion for emerging technologies (Machine Learning, NLP, RPA, API’s, and Data Management patterns) and how they are used to empower business and technology to deliver great products
- Ground assumptions in human centered design with a natural empathy for customers
- Lead the design and build of new automation and machine learning solutions that simplify processes for clients and associates.
- Stay abreast of emerging data technologies that are driving business process simplification across the industry and be the leader in driving that change by partnering and piloting across various business areas.
- Partner with the Technology team to bring Product Vision to life and inspire the team by driving design thinking mindset for Product Owners, developers and designers
- Have a bias to action and a proven track record of delivering minimum viable products and business models to market at rapid speed
- Demonstrate a high level of intellectual curiosity and comfort with ambiguity
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies will be critical
- Previous experience with startups is helpful
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 5 years’ experience leading cross functional product teams
- At least 3 years’ experience building digital data products
- MBA focused on entrepreneurship, product development, corporate innovation or design thinking
- 5+ years’ experience building and launching consumer data applications on web and mobile platforms
- 5+ years’ experience building and managing a roadmap
- 7+ years’ experience with agile product development
- At least 3 years of experience with external microservices architecture
- At least 3 years of experience with cloud- based technology
- At least 3 years of experience building features for cloud-based Products
- At least 3 years of experienceapplying analytical rigor to support technology investment decisions
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.'