Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager, Product Management, Digital Commerce
Our product team is part of a larger group focused on re-imagining the online shopping experience, powered by a real-time, intelligent platform. As the Sr. Manager, Product Management, your role will be to create and grow our digital commerce products for the small business consumer. You'll work with internal customers and stakeholders to determine what is working (or not), research and develop new features, own product initiatives, manage and prioritize roadmaps, and serve as the product owner for your Agile development teams.
This is a highly collaborative role, where success requires being able to get into the weeds with the product and development teams, as well as being able to influence and engage executive and internal stakeholders to deliver business value while creating products our small business consumers will love.
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience in and passion for building and implementing great products
- Experience working with Product Management, Agile, Design Thinking, and Lean methodologies
- Exceptional communication skills -- someone who is an engaging storyteller and is at ease presenting to executives
- Creative problem solver who lives at the intersection of the human, business and technology dimensions. Deep fluency and experience in at least two of these dimensions, with a solid understanding of the third
- Blend of both strategic and tactical thinking -- someone who can identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts, and then organize work in deep detail, thus aligning long term vision with iterative execution
- Aptitude to champion strategic technology initiatives to leap-frog current constraints and deliver transformational value
- Strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision making
- Collaborative, team player attitude with the ability to navigate and influence the organization
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to keep Capital One at the front of the Digital payment transformation
- Build incredible consumer payments-related experiences that move our businesses forward and constructively add to our existing product portfolios
- Consolidate industry trends and innovations into product offerings for Capital One customers
- Develop and grow personal expertise in tokenization and industry initiatives impacting Capital One
- At least 5 years of experience in building digital products
- At least 5 years of experience in Product Management
- At least 3 years of experience leading product teams
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience with web and client-side mobile platforms
- At least 5 years of experience as a Product Owner in an Agile development process
- Master's Degree
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).