McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Sr. Manager, Product Management - Customer Resiliency
Customer Resiliency is where excellence meets empathy-with human-centric approaches and analytical rigor, we generate value for our business and help our customers struggling with debt succeed. As a Product Manager in Customer Resiliency, you'll be leading initiatives and partnering internally and externally to lay the foundation for the way customers interact with Capital One. You'll team with world-class Product Managers, Business Analysts, Designers, and Engineers to collaborate on new product ideas from concept to launch, while also having a direct impact on customer and business objectives.In this role you will
Successful candidates will have the following
- Relentlessly push to understand customer needs and ensure customer is considered in prioritization and trade-off discussions
- Set product vision and lead roadmapping, goal setting, prioritizing, project execution, A/B testing, and product roll-out strategy
- Collaborate with partners. You are exceptional at developing and nurturing relationships with stakeholders and partners. You apply strong communication skills to influence product decisions and inspire breakthrough results
- Test and iterate in small-scale pilots to validate concepts, refine them to achieve product-market fit, and then scale to drive vertical and horizontal economics
- Define learning agenda and key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure success/failure
- Regularly and systematically use data to uncover opportunities, track product performance, and drive decision making
- Lead through a rigorous process of test and learn with focus on identifying and developing a minimum viable product (MVP)
- Prioritize, negotiate and remove blockers to orchestrate successful launch or optimization cycle
- Serve as subject matter expert, thought leader, career guide and mentor to others
- Establish or participate in Design Thinking, Agile, and LEAN rituals which establish rhythm for the team, promote ongoing communication, and iterative refinement of roadmaps
- Proven experience in and passion for building and shipping great product
- Creative, outside-the-box thinking and problem-solving approach at the intersection of Human, Business and Technology dimensions. Deep fluency and experience in at least two dimensions and understanding of the third
- Track record of defining strategy, creating advocacy/alignment and being accountable for outcomes
- Strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision making
- Entrepreneurial ability to identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts
- Deep planning skills with the ability to organize thematic work areas in deep detail with long term vision and iterative execution
- Collaborative, team player attitude with the ability to navigate and influence the organization
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience shipping multiple products across variety of platforms and channels
- Experience managing iOS and/or Android apps
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience using business strategy and analysis to create consumer-facing digital products
- At least 5 years of experience in Digital Product Management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 3+ years of experience building and launching consumer applications on web and mobile platforms
- 3+ years of experience applying design thinking and human-centered principles to product development
- 2+ years of experience managing people
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com
. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).Who We Are
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.