The Sr Manager of Product Integrity will act as an integral member of the senior leadership team, creating net value for Ducommun and the SBU by leading the product integrity functional team within tier SBU. Role is integral in ensuring the all-encompassing Quality Management System is ensuring the highest level of process/product integrity, discipline and control throughout all areas of business.
The individual is responsible for all aspects of the product integrity process, providing leadership and aligned organizational direction for the comprehensive quality function across strategic business unit/operations center.
Scope of leadership includes product integrity strategic/tactical planning and execution activities associated with all related business processes, from point of order enter through to customer receipt of product to ensure quality, delivery and cost objectives are achieved.
Skills & Qualifications
- Initiates, promotes and drives lean methodologies across all processes and standard work.
- As a member of the senior leadership staff, promote and demonstrate the guiding principles, vision, mission and values of Ducommun.
- Ensure total product integrity by providing strategic leadership in upholding product integrity vision, culture, structure, management systems and processes across SBU.
- Champion continuous improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives to establish effective Quality Management Systems (QMS, NAPCAP, ISO); initiate and implement quality improvement activities as appropriate (Kaizen, Six Sigma) to raise the overall performance of the company’s product lines.
- Build and lead a high performance product integrity organization. Includes the development of an operational quality leadership team who can serve as the quality control resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous management. Manage all related talent selection, training, development, and succession planning and performance management.
- Provide leadership and education to all structures employees as to their impact in quality management systems.
- Design, implement and document procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Establish and implement metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions.
- Perform root-cause analysis and other problem solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Establish collection and analysis systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect improvement of product quality.
- Provide input and guidance in the bid proposals, new product developments and new program implementations.
- Analyze customers’ product specifications to establish efficient, cost-effective requirements for ease of manufacture and reproducibility.
- Develop quality planning methods for all product lines.
- Develop process certification standards and assist in process certification.
- Monitor vendor performance and establish criteria and rating system for critical vendors.
- Interact with customers to identify opportunities to improve quality and establish feedback with manufacturing and development personnel.
- Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- In partnership with supply chain, ensure external supply chain and supporting processes are aligned and in compliance with overall quality management systems and performance expectations.Participate in internal and external quality audits.
- Partner continuously with Group Product Integrity leader to co-lead overall “One Ducommun” level product integrity initiatives such as in the development of overall DCO Quality Management System.
- The SBU Director of Product Integrity will report to the Group Director of Product Integrity with a strong matrix reporting into the SBU VP/GM. Peers to this position include the SBU leadership team.
- Direct reports to this position include Quality Managers/Supervisors & Quality Engineers where applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, ElectricalEngineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Business Administration or related degree is required. Master Degree in technical or business related area preferred.
- Minimum of 10-15years well-rounded experience in Aerospace Quality Management systems, implementation and management in progressively senior positions is required. Experience must include quality management for diverse complex parts and systems in an aerospace manufacturing environment. Experience working with composites is strongly preferred.
- A thorough working knowledge of the various customer and industry quality system models such as ISO9000, AS9100 and D1-9000.
- A broad knowledge of theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control.
- A thorough working knowledge of the various customer and industry quality system models such as ISO9000, AS9100 and D1-9000 is required.
- Experience in design/prototype development manufacturing is required.
- Six Sigma black-belt certification or equivalent knowledge with a proven track record of business performance improvement.
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing the integration and deployment of lean manufacturing principals within organization and external suppliers.
- Sigma black-belt certification or equivalent knowledge with a proven track record of business performance improvement.
- Diverse experience and knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques and documentation.
- Experience working in foreign object damage awareness and understanding of Mil Standards.
- Experience providing input and leadership to a Material Review Board (MRB).
- Proven experience building and developing a high performance team of quality professionals.
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing training of company personnel at all levels is required.
- Willing to travel approx. 25%