Job ID R-301464
Job Description Summary
Within the Diabetes Care business, we are looking for results driven, passionate, and talented leader to improve the predictability of delivery for the new product development and sustainingportfolio globally. This person will lead the assessment, definition, and implementation of product development systems and processes while leading training to enable sustainable long-term success. This will include leading the Global Product Delivery System within Diabetes Care. The role requires a leader with hands-onexperience of cross-functional product development in medicaltechnologywith a focus on continuous improvement.
- Work closely with the cross functional leadership for implementation of systems and processes that improve the predictability of product development.
- Identify, assess, and implement foundational systems & processes in support of product development including, but not limited to, resource management, packaging & labeling, risk management, project planning & estimation, project budget management, and parallel paths.
- Identify, assess, and implement innovative product development processes that will improve predictability such as scrum, DFSS, etc.
- Define, develop and implement training in support of the systems and processes globally & cross functionally
- Manage the implementation, continuous improvement, and training of associates and leadership on the Global Product Delivery System (GPDS).
- Represent the DC business unit with corporate GPDS leadership on defining corporate level product development practices
- Provide input and best practices with internal and external benchmark data with a focus on driving continuous improvement
- Serve as member of the PMO leadership team in the business unit.
- Work with cross functional leaders to coordinate cross-functional resource management, tracking, and planning for all activities (product development, sustaining engineering, cost to win, MDR).
- Coordinate the interface with Marketing, Operations, Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs, Legal (patent), R&D, and Finance, associated with product development activities.
Experience & Education:
- Ten years of product development experience in medical devices / technology
- Bachelor of Science in relevant engineering field and advanced degreepreferred.
- Hands-on experience with phase gate product development processes and FDA QSR based Design Controls.
- Demonstrated success in delivering new products and engineering changes of existing products & solutions.
- Sound understanding of best-in-class product development processes and techniques.
- Demonstrated experience with developing and delivering effective training
- Experience with DFx, DFSS, and Scrum methodology is highly desirable.
- Experience with PMP training is highly desirable.
- Sound influence skills.
- High learning agility
- Passion for improving the lives of people with diabetes and product development.
- Continuous process improvement and change management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- A record of success leading multiple projects and managing expectations
- Matrix management skills, including working with ambiguity and across organizational and regional boundaries.
- Cross-functional experience, e.g., marketing, manufacturing, quality, research & development.
- Ability to function well in a high pressure, fast-paced environment with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Travelrequired up to 25% including both domestic and international