The Sr. Manager of Product Development & Production drives the process from seasonal development of product to manufacturing process in alignment with the divisional sourcing strategies. Ensures the product integrity standards are met as per the Product Lifecycle Calendar. Monitors and manages to ensure IMU performance, quality, on time delivery, business practices are achieved. Champions the company's values & practices by maintaining effective collaborative relationships and taking pride in the company and brand. Responsibilities:
- Achieves seasonal IMU aligned to the corporate financial objectives.
- Interacts with cross-functional team in building seasonal assortments to align with corporate strategies.
- Monitors, maintains and recaps seasonal development.
- Requests and monitors flow of costing; development samples and production recap charts.
- Coordinates spec pass-off to Technical Services.
- Take a proactive approach on IMU challenges due to fabric or make.
- Manages all phases of production, from costing through delivery.
- Monitors the fit approval process ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Ensures all bulk fabric and trim is properly tested in accordance with ATF standards.
- Manages and communicates seasonal time and actions calendars – including off season calendar
- Partner with Fabric Manager to research and achieve affordable textiles
- Builds collaborative relationships with cross functional team members
- Collaborates with logistics on all pre-classifications and binding rulings.
- Handles other responsibilities and projects as assigned
- People Management
- Responsible for the selection, development and retention of team members.
- Mentors, coaches and counsels direct reports on performance expectations.
- Provides a positive, challenging work environment.
- Bachelors degree, in a related field of study, or equivalent functional experience
- Minimum 7+ years related work experience in Product Development sourcing and Production
- Minimum 2 years’ management experience of one direct report
- Strong Knowledge and Experience with Sweaters
- Strong knowledge of fabric/yarn and basic garment construction
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
- Flexible/adaptable in a fast paced environment
- Strong team orientation and ability to maintain collaborative working relationships
- Strong communication, presentation, negotiation and decision-making skills
- International travel experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Application