Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travelexperiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travelexperiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and most importantly, our people.
Sr. Manager, Procure-to-Pay Operations
The successful candidate in this role will ensure that the proper P2P systems, controls and processes are in place to support Airbnb as it scales. This includes oversight of Airbnb's procurement operations, accounts payable operations, and shared services relationships. The candidate will also contribute to the organization’s efforts to maintain and continuously improve core accounting and financial reportingprocesses.
The role requires a well-rounded business leader with broad procurement, accounting and operational expertise and a track record of leading cross-functional organizations through large-scale transformation. Excellent communication, resource allocation and project management skills are critical, as well as the ability to influence across functions and levels of leadership. In this role you will manage a multitude of high-value initiatives and will be required to balance the rapidly growing needs of the organization with finance and compliance objectives. The position reports to the Director of Global Real Estate and Finance Operations.
- Develop strategy for delivering operational efficiency while Airbnb continues to scale
- Improve visibility into key procurement trends and performance metrics, providing readouts and strategic guidance to key business executives, across functions
- Grow the P2P reporting functions to effectively support the business as it evolves
- Prioritize and implement key financialprocesses and controls to scale Airbnb’s payments and financial reportinginfrastructure
- Manage a global team of buyers and AP professionals
- Evaluate and implement technology solutions that enable leverage in our procurement operations
- Act as liaison to external auditors and ensure successful and timely completion of both internal and external audits, implementing any agreed upon recommendations
- 10+ years of Procurement/AP experience with 5+ years in a managerial capacity
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with large-scale ERP (Oracle, SAP, Workday), monetization and billing systems. Payments compliance and reconciliation system experience is a plus
- Polished communication skills and executive presence. Capable of translating complex business matters across functions and levels of leadership in a clear and concise manner
- Aptitude for collaboration and the ability to influence, mentor, and leverage the skills of others to achieve objectives
- Proven ability to successfully manage complex initiatives with cross-functional ownership
- Experience in process efficiency and automation, with proven ability to operate successfully in a highly-complex and changing environment with competing objectives and priorities
- Proven ability to attract, develop and lead a high performing finance organization
- Passion for and proven track record of training and developing team members
- Proficient in MS Excel; Experience in SQL, Tableau and Keynote a plus