The Senior Manager, Predictive Analytics, will lead a team responsible for gathering, structuring and analyzing data to evaluate and recommend operational improvements to customer service functions. Candidates should have several years of practical work experience; a master’s degree in a quantitative discipline and background in data science/advanced analytics.
The overall functions of this role involve using advanced analytics to understand and predict customer behavior, customer contact intent prediction and support overall strategy for our Customer Service and Engagement (CSE) group. Develop innovative ways to use information and segmentation to optimize customer experience while managing costs and driving customer engagement. Collaborate with business partners from across the organization to work on a wide variety of initiatives, including IT, Marketing, Customer Service, Card Operations, Risk and other groups.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Leads a team responsible for developing and enhancing predictive servicing strategies that improve customer experience and save operating costs, and implementing them into customer service systems.
- Understand and predict customer inquiry intent to promote customer self-service, improve customer/agent satisfaction when assistance is needed and strengthen customer engagement with Discover.
- Requires strong ability to initiate and conceptualize business goal driven analytical projects.
- Leverage a variety of modeling strategies and simulation tools to understand and predict customer behavior. Develop overall strategies that optimize efficiency and customer experience metrics.
- Conduct cost and profitability studies for customer segments, merchants and products types to optimize and enhance business operations.
- Leverage analytics and process improvement methodologies to provide a data-driven approach to improvements.
- Oversee a team of Data Science/Advanced Analytics professionals. Hire, develop and retain talent, and manage career pathing for the team members.
- Develop comprehensive Cost Benefit Analysis (CBAs) to capture financial impacts of initiatives.
- Work with business partners to define and refine new business operational metrics.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Business Technology, Card Operations, Risk and Finance areas while formulating and implementing new business strategies.
- Present findings and actionable recommendations to senior leadership (Director/VP and above) to drive strategy
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
Skills and Business Acumen:
- MS/MBA with strong quantitative coursework (engineering, mathematics, statistics, economics, computer science, etc.) and background in analytics and process improvement.
- 5+ years of experience in Advanced Analytics/Data Science.
- 3+ years of experience in an analytics leadership role with people management responsibilities. Should have a strong track record of hiring, coaching, developing and leading a data science team.
- Research bent of mind and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills working with all levels and departments of the organization.
- Works effectively both independently and as a member of a cross functional team.
Job ID: P102723