The Sr. Manager of Planning and Strategy is the business expert on annual planning, trade management and has extensive project management experience working with corporate capabilities and business efficiencies. The candidate is the business lead on the development and execution around a Trade Promotions Management (TPM) platform across various Divisions and will represent the Center of Excellence across the Divisions within North America The Sr. Manager will work closely with multiple functions, including Sales, Trade, Brand Development and Finance. This role is the expert on developing and evolving the partnership with the Divisions and Functions. The Sr. Manager will work closely with relevant internal Newell Division and will identify the necessary resources and changes needed to achieve their mandate.
- A leader in the continued development of an enterprise wide TPM platform designed to enable Newell Divisions to more efficiently and effectively manage their business.
- Broad and deep CPG knowledge will enable the candidate to collaborate with various Divisions and Functions within the Newell organization on optimal business processes that meet their business needs.
- Extensive project management experience is critical to managing multiple initiatives that impact the business process, including trade analytics, forecasting, annual planning, S&OP process and risk assessments.
- Work closely with our IT and Business Intelligence departments to lead the developing, enhancement and implementation of emerging Newell systems, such as BEX reporting and Power BI. Understand the value-added benefits to key stakeholders and end-users throughout the processes.
- Unlock business efficiencies to simplify and streamline corporate and Division processes. Develop and disseminate standardized and consistent ways of working across Divisions.
Being a business and project management expert, the individual has strategic understanding of Sales and Trade Management, Business Acumen and Organizational Agility. A successful candidate will utilize their superior communication skills in collaborating with the Divisions and Departments to align key priorities.
The following skill sets would be beneficial to the role:
- Strong desire to foster relationships across multiple departments and Divisions
- A thorough understanding of Sales and Trade management
- Independent thinker who can work as part of a team
- Bachelor's Degree; MBA a plus, but not required
- 5 - 7 years of relevant Management level experience
- Exceptional Communication Skills
- Superior Teamwork Skills
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Excellent organization and administrative skills (ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously)
- Proficient in Windows and Office suite, strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Conflict Management / Composure
- Organizational agility (Getting things done through others)