At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than125years, we've brought new products andtechnologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics,medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than150 countries we serve.
This position is responsible for leading the formulation of strategic initiatives for the for the spinal cord stimulation business, working with customers and internal stakeholders from ideation and inception of concepts through product development and into commercialization phases. This individual will play a key role in the systematic identification and collection of unmet customer needs via routine interactions with a variety of different external customers. This position has responsibility for leading early phase product planning activities including articulation and prioritization of stated market needs into system level requirements, business justification and prioritization, development of commercialization strategies and development and realization of product commercialization plans. This individual will be regarded as having a deep understanding of clinical issues associated with spinal cord stimulation therapy and exhibit a deep technical understanding related to the assigned product lines.
STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION
- Establish relationships with clinical leaders to support the development of new concepts and opportunities.
- Conduct Voice of Customer activities (ethnographic research, surveys, focus groups, advisory boards) and translate VofC input into actionable insights, plans and strategies.
- Perform assessments of new organic and inorganic opportunities and strategies for pursuing new growth opportunities.
- Articulate customer needs and market insights and translate them into system level product needs, business strategies and marketing plans.
- Develop clear strategies towards pursuit of new growth opportunities. Effectively champion and communicate strategies with internal/external partners.
- Partners with marketing, sales and human factors engineering colleagues to shape customer requirements for related products.
- Drive market development activities through establishment of best practices and development of tools to raise awareness of the benefits of assigned product(s)/product lines
- Build strong relationships with leading KOL’s around the world.
MARKET KNOWLEDGE & DEVELOPMENT
- Work with market research to collect all limited market release survey data and shares results regularly with management.
- Participate in industry technical and professional society meetings to represent Pain Management interests and identify key technical requirements for product planning purposes.
- Develop market research and analysis methodologies for evaluation of technologies and competitive product offerings.
- Identify and quantify market opportunities and work with internal team members (R&D, product development, clinical, regulatory and marketing) to implement development strategies.
NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTION
- Develop working relationships with global commercialization partners and work together to “hand-off” product and programs for introduction in multiple geographic markets.
- Become key partner for all stages of Product Development (PDP) process.
- Work with cross functional product/project/program team to develop robust worldwide financial forecasts, regional registration strategies, clinical strategies and go-to market plans for new product launches.
- Responsible for the development of project budgets and control of departmental spend rates.
B.S. or B.A. degree. Preferably in engineering or clinical areas. MBA and/or financial model experience highly desired.
- 10+ years of experience from the following areas: R&D, Tactical Marketing, Sales, Clinical Research, Financial Modeling and Forecasting, Consulting.
- Experience in a high performing, fast paced environment
- Experience developing market models, understanding competitive trends and creating business strategy.
- Experience with new product development phase gate methodologies in a medical device environment.
- Experience leading diverse, cross functional teams.
- Experience presenting to management and large groups.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Project, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets and the use of analytical tools and models to support decision making models.
- Plano, TX (northern suburbs of Dallas/Fort Worth area).
- Travel: approximately 30%, domestic and international, occasionally over weekends.
ASJM Abbott St. Jude Medical
United States > Texas : 6901 Preston Road
Yes, 25 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of theworkday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.