The Sr. Manager of Service Operations is responsible for the Service and Reliability of the automated process/equipment within an assigned pharmacy. This position plays a key role in optimizing the utilization of resources to achieve strategic goals: stabilize pharmacy technology staff and increase knowledge base, improve pharmacy efficiency, reduce quality and rework impacts, and evaluate prescription flow..
- Manage a diverse team of skilled employees including but not limited to Electro-Mechanical Technicians, Pharmacy Automation Engineers, Application Support Engineers, and Contract workers.
Develop, analyze, and manage plans, budgets, and deliverables for assigned site functional areas.
- Ensure service standards of Safety, Engagement, Quality, Reliability, Performance, and Cost objectives are met.
- Oversee and approve all maintenance plans including schedules, resource planning, accurate budgeting, training and performance to specification.
- Identify and define areas of improvement within the pharmacy. Develop, define, and implement process improvements.
- Lead team through the Reliability Centered Service / Reliability Engineering / Lean / Six Sigma Processes to deliver pharmacy goals and objectives.
- Act as point of contact for general and production management on service and reliability performance.
- Partner with external customers to understand business requirements, define service levels and set and manage expectations. Monitor and enhance responsiveness and effectiveness.
- Select, develop, and manage team.
- Provide mentoring, motivation and guidance to all levels.
- Set clear performance expectations with staff, including adherence to all company guidelines, policies, and procedures, as well as, procurement and contracting processes and confidentiality agreements. Offer timely feedback based on expectations.
- Oversee recruitment and performance reviews.
- Handle escalated employee issues.
- Actively engage in strategies to increase employee engagement, retention and satisfaction
- Provide stretch learning and development opportunities to associates within department.
8-12 years of working experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 6-10 years of working experience with a Master's degree: 4-8 years of experience with Ph.D; 14-18 years of experience with no Bachelor's degree.
3-10 relevant years of working experience including people management, preferably within manufacturing/Industrial or high speed packaging environment.
- Six Sigma experience highly preferred.
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a work group or major project team.
- Hands-on and results-oriented, with the ability to balance multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing processes, responsibilities, and work environments and make independent decisions quickly.
- Well-developed communication (written, verbal, presentation) skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of employees/clients.
- Effective motivator and self-starter.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you enjoy making things work seamlessly and figuring out ways to improve functionality? Do you have a knack for automating processes? Be part of a team that focuses on reliability and keeping our systems running. From data centers to servers, your talent will be tapped to create and maintain critical platforms for the organization. If this is your skill set and you want to be at the center of work that impacts 100 million Americans, explore our opportunities.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.
Job ID: REQ20020823