The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for driving online sales using various marketing channels and tools and providing an exceptional online experience. The manager oversees and leads efforts for the website, email marketing, social media platforms, mobile app, blog, digital signage, as well as other digital platforms and channels in the future.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the value generated for our customers by our products -- and the capabilities to translate this understanding into differentiated online positioning, marketing and sales strategies as well as online channel development.
- Provides leadership, motivation, direction, instruction and assistance to assigned Marketing team members. Sets performance goals for assigned digital Marketing staff and continually provides feedback regarding actual performance in comparison to individual, marketing team and company targets. Provides guidance to correct off target behavior and when appropriate initiates disciplinary action. Actively plans and assists developing job growth opportunities for marketing team members that also strengthen the Marketing function.
- Responsible for day to day online marketing operations, support for online sales activities, defining and executing a digital marketing plan to achieve marketing goals
- Collaborates with digital marketing firm on campaign strategies and measurement/attribution; uses data and insights to optimize campaign spend and performance.
- Team with the Marketing, Product Development, Sales, IT, and Service Delivery and Operations organizations to ensure we maintain a consistent brand experience across customer touch points.
- Focus on brand health -- customer satisfaction -- as enabler of profitable growth.
- Create an extraordinary online customer experience at every touch point -- ensuring our customer experience becomes a sustainable, durable and strategic differentiator.
- Drive increasing market share in targeted segments. Manage execution of the marketing funnel of reach, inquiries, leads, opportunities to maximize sales.
- Provide regular, concise, value-added market intelligence to the entire company to assure Alaska Communications continued market leadership
- Productively engage with sales channels -- creative tension, results oriented -- all aimed at profitable growth.
- Interface with product management -- drive positioning, competitive intelligence, differentiation, etc.
- Customer Centricity: You maintain a mental and behavioral belief that satisfied customers are the key to our success, and keep abreast of their changing needs to sustain a durable relationship. Be the customers advocate within our company and manage our relationships proactively. You communicate with our customers effectively, on a proactive basis, and manage the communication process as a method to drive long term durable relationships enabling enhanced revenue growth.
- Customer Experience Business and Process Leadership: You understand and continually improve our customer experience business processes. You maintain a keen understanding of the sales process and the associated metrics and measurement. You maintain a keen understanding of key telco and IT processes (retail/sales/service, ordering/service delivery, billing, customer support) and the ability to map processes and understand inter-linkages to each other and to the systems that support the processes. You experiment to ensure the customer experience is easy and satisfying.
- Maintain Your Technology Expertise: You maintain a big picture view of telecom and IT technologies. You understand the technology trends important to your customers. You are skillful in translating this understanding into a products and services position that is meaningful to our customers.
- Financial Management: You manage a department level revenue and expense budget. You plan and forecast an accurate financial picture. You develop accurate business cases for specific initiatives.
- Execution Discipline: You meet your commitments and demonstrate personal leadership in all aspects of your work. You lead by behavioral by demonstrating a willingness to seek and accept responsibility and accountability. You stay focused on producing results.
- Communication Skills - Successful candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Position will require frequent preparation and delivery of detailed plans and proposals. Strong communication/interpersonal skills with emphasis on decision-making, conflict management, and team building and teamwork. Must have ability to develop work plans, work effectively as a member of a team, report on status of projects, and represent the team in meetings and/or with the client, and be able to coordinate issues identification and resolution between clients and the development team.
- Written Communication: Ability to write in a clear and concise manner which displays imagination or innovation.
- Creative and Critical Thinking -- Ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems. Ability to use thinking and reasoning in gather raw data and processing that data into a meaningful form to solve problems.
- Lean Leadership --Actively grows and promotes lean process improvement usage within department and within Company. Strives to eliminate all waste -- that which does not bring value to the customer -- through the use of Lean PI.
Bachelor's degree along with additional advanced (role relevant) education. Experience may be substituted in lieu of education beyond a Bachelor's degree plus six (6) to eight (8) years marketing, sales, product management or business experience in a comparable industry/company. Equivalent combination of education and training may be substituted for experience requirement on a year for year basis. Two (2) to four (4) years of supervisory experience. Advanced education related to the role, such as a MBA, preferred. Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
Other Preferred Requirements:
- Experience creating strategic online marketing programs, continuity programs, drip campaigns, customer acquisition and retention, social media campaigns, etc.
- A consistent and proven track record to show for your accomplishments, including but not limited to:
- Digital marketing strategy
- Online customer experience improvements, including A/B testing, landing page development, and conversion rates
- Knowledge of analytic platforms, analyzing and measurement of campaign results
- Thorough understanding of the technology landscape as it relates to digital marketing and the online customers experience