Req. ID: 117724
MicronTechnology Development team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Metrology Manager or Director (level based on experience) to become part of our advanced 300mm R&D Pilot Fab in Boise, Idaho.
You will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of Metrology (operations, technology, line monitoring, tool strategy, process control strategies) – key deliverables are to minimize the development time and maximize the yield and quality levels of our next generation memory technologies.
The metrology teams are currently working in four disciplines: Optical Thin Films, Scatterometry/OCD, Overlay/Registration and CDSEM. You will be able to lead the entire team and provide guidance and direction across all areas and promote innovation and drive for changes in current industry practice to provide Micron a differentiating technical advantage. You will provide detailed, expert analysis to team members and managers on project, technical or innovation issues and be responsible for transferring technologies into manufacturing and maintaining process and equipment alignment across multiple technologies. You will use technical and managerial skills to guide the group towards achieving overall area objectives.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Driving the understanding of new metrology technology and measurement techniques to ensure that our measurement capabilities meet the technical device roadmaps.
- Working closely with metrology equipment vendors on continuous improvement of software/hardware and development of new measurement techniques.
- Working closely with process development and process integration teams to optimize measurements for multiple device process flows and layer stacks.
- Developing applications on next generation processes and technologies within Fab 4
- Prioritize and track requests for new metrology solutions or recipes.
- Evaluations of new metrology tools to determine lowest COO solutions with the highest accuracy and precision for deployment in R&D and HVM (High Volume Manufacturing).
- Designing and optimizing the layout of metrology targets to maximize measurement quality.
- Leading the seamless transfer of metrology solutions from R&D (F4) to HVM (requiring frequent travel including to Asia).
- Mentor, develop and motivate leaders
- Maintain efficient and effective allocation of capital and human resources to ensure optimal performance of the team
- Encourage and enforce safe, compliant behavior through periodic communications and the performance management process
- Complete all required safety training and ensure all area work is conducted in accordance with Micron safety policies
- Drive a proactive safety culture and support the execution of EHS and PHA management systems.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- >5 years leadership experience within the semiconductor industry
- >3 years metrology experience in the semiconductor industry working with optical thin Films, scatterometry/OCD, overlay/registration, CDSEM.
- >2 years in a senior leadership role for semiconductor metrology
- Strong understanding of semiconductor manufacturing processes (CMP, Diffusion, CVD, Etch, Lithography) and device process flows (3D NAND, DRAM).
- Clear vision how to optimize metrology for process control, variation reduction, robustness, cost
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
MS/PhD in Engineering, Physics, Material Science or related discipline or BS + 7 years of industry experience
International relocation will be provided.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.