The Manager - Operations is responsible for the overall management and performance of the travel operations including operational performance, client servicing and retention, employee management and budgetary and cost management across all three operational centers based in Houston, Rotterdam and Singapore.
This position demonstrates an extensive understanding and applicability of all areas in the travel industry, the energy resources and marine industries, call center operations and client servicing.
Span of control will be based on number and complexity of accounts and number of direct reports.
- Supports BCD ERM Travel and client driven initiatives across multiple geographical regions
- Leads the effort or provides direction to review current work processes, procedures and policies, seeking efficiencies and effectiveness improvements making sure company and client objectives are met
- Reviews operations performance reports and provides direction and implements programs to improve the performance of the operations against goals
- Leads the team in error reduction efforts, providing direction, measurement and reviews of progress against goals
- Ensure customer satisfaction is measured and goals are met; implementing plans for continuous improvement
- Serves as the primary liaison between the Account Manager and the operational staff; ensuring all client needs are met
- Reviews customer servicing metrics; seeking and implementing improvements and ensuring goal levels are met
- Serves as the escalation point for client and/or customer issues, ensuring customer satisfaction
- Provides direction to the team for improved customer satisfaction
- Assists team efforts and provides direction to the team to move market share to BCD Travel preferred suppliers
- Provides team feedback, coaching and development on performance through regular meetings, annual performance reviews and ad hoc coaching
- Responsible for employment related activities such as hiring and on-boarding of new employees, disciplinary actions and terminations
- Monitors and controls departmental expenses, seeking and implementing improvements to improve the profitability of the operations
- Leads the effort to implement new business implementations (client, technology, processes, etc.) successfully and on-budget
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years corporate travel experience.
- Prior managerial experience of 2+ years
- Thorough knowledge of the travel industry, fares and markets.
- Knowledge of specified GDS(s).
- Thorough knowledge of travel agency operations
- Knowledge of and utilization of Marine, Offshore, Alternative Energy and other unique airline agreements to support client's needs.
- Knowledge of crew management scheduling technologies and other crew movement solutions