The Product Management Sr. Manager is responsible for attracting, retaining and developing top talent focused on assessing market needs and inspiring cross-functional product teams to find the fastest way to achieve value around those needs. The Product Management Sr. Manager focuses on guiding and executing the delivery of business value to drive sales, improve efficiency and improve customer satisfaction through the production of quality products. Within their designated enterprise product line, Sr. Managers work closely with teams of developers, designers and business partners. They guide in-depth business reviews, communicate and present across all levels of the organization and support cross-functional product teams.
The Product Management Sr. Manager leads the strategy to deliver quality products that add value. The Sr. Manager is skilled and experienced in generating innovative ideas for growth within their respective areas and across the Product Management organization. The Product Management Sr. Manager must exhibit the ability to lead managers and their teams and drive change management and process improvement. The Product Management Sr. Manager often leads senior-level Product Managers and/or leads teams of Product Managers that are responsible for higher-profile, more impactful products.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
40% – Strategy & Planning:
- Looks across product teams and feature sets with a focus on alignment and dependencies
- Sets the overall product vision and strategies for the enterprise product by gaining a thorough understanding of customer and associate needs, both existing and potential, and using that knowledge to provide Home Depot customers and associates with an unparalleled shopping experience
- Drives growth for the business by applying domain expertise to provide thought leadership and translate vision into action
- Collaborates across the enterprise to create alignment between products in order to provide a seamless user experience
- Understands financial and business impact of proposed product updates and activities within portfolio, prioritizes updates to support the enterprise roadmap, and based on prioritization allocates funding across the products
- Identifies goals, metrics and appropriate analytics to measure the performance of the product and its individual features, and continually makes recommendations and refinements to the product based on learnings
- Contributes to and makes recommendations for strategic plans in support of key objectives in a timely and fiscally responsible manner
- Participates in and influences development of technology roadmaps across the enterprise
- Supports and nurtures strategic vendor relationships; recommends ways to influence vendors that align to domain, portfolio, and enterprise strategic objectives
30% – Delivery & Execution:
- Drives product development by reviewing performance and directing work efforts of product teams to ensure products are aligned with company, stakeholder and end user priorities
- Understands enterprise goals and KPIs to ensure value is delivered against them
- Resolves issues within or across product teams that may impair teams from delivery of a quality product in order to meet strategic, financial and technical goals
- Receives and prioritizes incoming requests from business partners and stakeholders while keeping in mind the business strategy, product vision and user needs
- Provides guidance on design of products while keeping in mind dependencies and integration with other products across the enterprise
- Reviews and analyzes product metrics to inform strategic and tactical product decisions
- Makes suggestions that help drive operational excellence to create internal customer satisfaction and meet operational metrics
30% – People:
- Provides leadership, mentoring and coaching to Product Managers
- Attracts, retains and develops top talent to build a world class Product Management Team
- Conducts annual and mid-year reviews, reviewing individual development plans and providing performance feedback
- Fosters collaboration with team members (Engineering, UX, etc.) to drive value and identify and resolve impediments
- Acts as a proponent of modern software development practices
- Advocates for the end user and stakeholder by becoming associated with the product, empathizing with and understanding user needs
- Works with the product team to continuously assess progress, disseminate lessons learned, and understand next steps
- Manages cross functional team and stakeholder expectations to execute on product strategy and provides education to requestors to determine prioritization based on tangible benefits and/or user experience
- Guides more junior team members in strategy, alignment, analysis and execution tasks
- Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern software desi
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Typically reports to the Technology Director, Sr. Director or Vice President.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 6 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 6-8years of relevant work experience
- Mastery of working as a Product Manager in a modern software development based enterprise environment and overseeing multiple products
- Mastery of modern software development product management practices and agile methodologies, specifically the extreme programming (XP) principles of paired programming, test driven development and continuous deployment
- Mastery of working in a fast paced, fluid environment where priorities shift on a regular basis
- Proficiency in communicating with and influencing functional and technical team members at all levels in the organization
- Mastery of working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional, modern software design and development team
- Proficiency in creating, prioritizing and accepting user stories
- Proficiency in conducting user research and testing to understand needs
- Mastery of identifying goals, metrics and analytics to measure product value
- Proficiency in conducting competitive research and analysis
- Proficiency in guiding more junior team members through Product Management fundamentals in a professional setting
- Proficiency in managing and growing team members in a professional setting
Job ID: 109023