The Simple Finance engineering team is looking for a seasoned Senior Manager, Infrastructure Engineering & Information Security that owns and supports our cloud platform. If you are passionate about building great teams and working on leading edge technologies, then this role is for you.
Simple Finance is a pioneer in online banking. Founded in 2009, Simple started the first complete online bank that is available to a wide variety of customers. Simple offers various financial services including tools to manage finances automatically for its large customer base.
As the Infrastructure and Security team leader, you will be responsible for supporting and growing cloud infrastructure to enable our application development teams for faster business value delivery. As the team leader, you’ll lead the effort to define an infrastructure roadmap in support of our cloud strategy. You will also manage the cloud infrastructure services, driving innovation and advising stakeholders. This is both a strategic and hands-on technical role, working with other senior members of Information Technology.
The candidate must be pragmatic, results-driven and able to articulate complex infrastructure and security concepts to all audiences, ranging from technical contributors inside and outside the company, to executive leadership. Ideal candidate is a thought leader, consensus builder and a team builder.
You will also lead efforts to improve your team's performance and stability, drive recruiting efforts, develop existing talent, and foster Simple’s developer-oriented culture. Successful candidates will have an established track record of developing complex software systems, keen technical aptitude, excellent project management skills, solid communication skills, and be driven to achieve results in a results oriented environment.
What You’ll Do All Day:
- Recruiting, staffing and developing a best-of-class team. Actively mentor, coach and invest in team development. Conduct performance reviews of the team members
- Work with engineering teams to understand, assess requirements and prioritize a backlog of cloud infrastructure services needed to be enabled for supporting corporate business strategy
- Accountable and responsible for developing and implementing infrastructure and security services roadmap in support of the enterprise strategy
- Establish and drive the evolution of the Infrastructure and security engineering to maturity
- Be the driver and change agent for establishing service reliability engineering discipline at Simple
- Manage team’s performance and interactions
- Oversee the delivery of services by partners and service providers
- Help in transitioning the team to a SRE / DevOps team over a period of time
We’d Like To See:
- Experience (in years): 8+
- Qualifications: 5-8 years in In and 3+ years as a manager
- Extensive experience with Cloud technologies (preferably AWS).
- Experience with Kubernetes and Cloud Foundry (preferred)
- Knowledge of software development methodologies such as Kanban or agile scrum and to adapt best methodology that works for the team
- Ability to organize people, and work, around a common goal based on business and engineering objectives
- Ability to lead teams and manage workflows to optimize delivering software
- Proven track record of coaching/mentoring individual contributors into more senior roles
- Track record of aligning teams to the goals of the greater company
- Ability to cultivate self-management skills in each team member
- Ability to think critically about processes and collaboratively improve them
- Experience with project management of moderate to complex software projects
- Has strong written and oral communication skills
- Has experience managing service providers and holds them accountable for timely business outcomes
- Has experience building high performance teams and can attract technology talent
Why Simple’s a Great Place to Work:
- A supportive and nurturing place to work. We know good ideas come from everywhere, so we work to ensure every person feels psychologically safe to take risks and think outside of the box here. Our dog-friendly space provides a wellness room, adjustable desks & ergonomic chairs, monthly on-site acupuncture & massages, all gender restrooms, and dietary & allergy conscious catering.
- Competitive salary and inclusive benefits package, including 4-months of 100% paid parental leave, additional PTO for volunteer & advocacy days, and affordable health insurance for partners & families.
- Ample opportunity to connect with your coworkers through company-funded Employee Resource Groups & Simple community events.
- We’re committed to hiring quality human beings. Simple is a place where others will watch out for you and help you learn. We like and respect one another.
- We believe that financial confidence belongs to everyone - and we will work to remove every barrier along the way. We sweat the small stuff, and build with intention.