Summary – Leads the operating units to achieve the annual targets for safety, quality, efficiency and profit. Manages site leadership team to ensure development and execution of a clear strategy and plan to achieve the safety, quality and profitability goals. Engages the site employees routinely to ensure everyone understands the business objectives, the status of the objectives and how individual performance impacts the objectives. Ensures the site has a comprehensive performance management system to reward desired performance and appropriately addresses performance deficiencies. Regularly works with sales and product management to fully understand the customer’s needs regarding quality and consistently achieves the desired results. Creates a standard where the safety of every employee is of the utmost importance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures all site employees are focused and measured on fulfilling our strategy, goals and commitments with a special emphasis on safety, quality and financial performance (20% of time of spent).
- Initiates the development of documented solutions to address all gaps in safety, quality and financial performance (20% of time spent).
- Communicates and collaborates routinely to update on business results and performance levels both collectively in groups and individually with leadership team (20% of time spent).
- Creates an environment where all employees are rewarded for excellent performance and corrective actions are developed for performance deficiencies (20 % of time of spent).
- Promotes a work culture where creativity and standardized systems are harmonized to create the expected results consistently with an ever present element of continuous improvement regarding safety, quality and financial performance (20% of time spent).
- Performs other duties as assigned
- The requirements listed in this job profile are representative of the management’s assignment of essential function, with knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SUCCESS FACTORS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required)
Drive change, innovation and engagement
- Create clear site and individual KPIs directly linked to the site strategy, goals and objectives.
- Develop a clear and thorough personal understanding of the key company objectives for the site including safety, quality and financial targets.
- Ensure a work environment that values systems and processes as well as receptivity to innovative ideas and concepts that will result in continuous improvement of the business objectives.
- Study and stays current with internal best practices, project results and industry advancements.
- Promote, value and expect data driven, fact based information as mandatory criteria for decision making
- Create an environment where best practices and process improvements are implemented quickly and successfully
- Propose changes in a way that exudes positive engagement and results, and focuses the employees on the benefits of the change for the employees and the company.
Ensure high levels of performance through operations and employees
- Identify all performance gaps quickly and accurately and develop action plans to correct with special emphasis on safety, quality and financial expectations.
- Clearly understand the key levers in the site that determine performance against objectives.
- Ensure that all levels of the site are working on the most relevant issues and are the most appropriate for the level of job responsibility.
- Understand the most critical aspects of the operation and how to optimize them in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Develop measures to ensure a continuous, holistic view of the operational objectives and level of performance for the site.
- Partner with human resources to establish a comprehensive organizational and individual performance management system for the site.
- Understand the company performance management systems, values and Excellence initiatives
Lead through communications
- Exercise excellent personal communication and coaching skills
- Create an open communication environment that focuses on dialogue and collaboration.
- Demonstrate openness and approachability in daily actions.
- Communicate written and verbal information clearly and accurately.
- Presentation skills that are effective and on target and relatable to the site, departments and individual employees
- At least 1 year of operations management experience
- At least 5 years of leadership experience
- Travel Requirements, if necessary
- Language Requirements, if necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree with technical or business major
- Understands the fundamentals of Lean Six Sigma