Sumo Logic looking for a Sr. Manager, IT Security & Operations is to help drive the efforts to safeguard the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the enterprise infrastructure and information assets across Sumo IT infrastructure and customer satisfaction with internal Sumo team. The area of responsibility will expand over IT Security, IT Operations, Global Digital Workplace (such as G-Suite, Slack, Zoom), Service Desk and Engineering Support. This role reports to the VP of IT.
Areas of Responsibilities
This role involves identifying, implementation, maintaining, and configuration of key enterprise services for helpdesk, security tools and initiatives while taking some direct responsibility for driving the results. In addition identifying policy and process gaps impacting IT security, audit and closure of the gaps.
Areas include: Service Catalog and Service Level Agreements Global Service Desk, IT Security such as Device, Identity, Access, Multi Factor Authentication. Software Defined Networks (WAN), Data Privacy, Data Classification, Vendor Audit Review, IT Global Controls impacting Sarbanes Oxley, and/or as defined by VP of IT.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Accountability for overall effectiveness of day-to-day IT Security and Infrastructure Operations
- Setting and maintaining operations standards for the IT department
- Oversight of the architecture, design, and implementation of infrastructure services, network, access control, identify management, process automation to provide high-performance business systems
- Help Desk management, including relationship ownership of outsourced help desk provider
- Management of the business continuity; analysis, design, planning, audits, and documentation of technology elements
- Ownership of technology vendor and service provider relationships, including initial diligence, to ensure the firm expends resources in the most efficient manner possible
- Leadership over determining best use and maintenance of existing and future technology investments including user hardware, facility hardware, applications, and other information assets
- Execution of new and emerging strategic IT projects and initiatives; partner with business to determine how IT can assist in solving business problems
- Management of information security risk through establishing and following right plans, procedures, and controls.
- Oversight of service operations including incident resolution, request management, and project delivery
- Active monitoring of the end-user experience and creating action plans to address significant issues
- Staying abreast of technology and industry news to inform work performedLeadership
- Defining and promoting the infrastructure governance and for all Sumologic sites
- Leading and executing infrastructure projects and executing the infrastructure part in application projects
- Assists in the review, development, testing and implementation of security plans, products and control techniques in IT implementation, operations and executions.
- Managing Continuous Improvement initiatives (service improvement, cost reduction, process improvement)
- Managing external providers for the delivery of Infrastructure services
- Being accountable for measuring and meeting SLAs on infrastructure services
- Being accountable for central infrastructure spending
- Proactively implements (new, upgrade, maintenance), monitor and support enterprise Security Tools.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Minimum of 6 years of experience, including responsibility for many or all of the following: servers, network infrastructure, network security, enterprise communications (voice, email, video conferencing and unified communications/instant messaging), complex application environments (including point-to-point integration), MAC hardware builds, software installation, and help desk management/hands-on technology experience
- A passion for technology, enjoyment of learning a business, utilizes technology to meet business objectives
- Execution-driven work ethic to do "whatever it takes" to deliver excellent IT operations – including personally helping with problem solving if needed
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to shifting priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills, to all user and client levels
- Experience managing both internal and outsourced technology resources
- Experience leading IT initiatives and plans in regulated environments, preferred within the RIA space
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities and expectations while being responsive to end users
- Knowledgeable of the data security standard and other regulatory concerns (SOX, GDPR, FISMA, PCI, FEDRAMP, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of data privacy laws and legislation relating to carrying out forensic investigations.
- Familiarity with common asset management, diagnostic and monitoring tools. Experience with Sumo is preferred.
- A broad understanding of the cyber security threat landscape and the tools, techniques and tactics of Targeted Threat Actors. CISSP
- Technical knowledge of Software Defined Networks, Radius, LDAP, SAML, Content filtering technologies, application firewalls, vulnerability scanners, security incident response management, end point security and SOC.
- Proven change management skills, Influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills, team player
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- College degree in related technical/business areas or equivalent work experience required