Sr. Manager of Fiber & OSP Construction Operations
15+ years experience •
Our client designs and builds wireless infrastructure for a nationwide customer base of federal and commercial organizations. Their solutions are expanding to include cell towers, DAS, small cells, and fiber networks. They are hiring a Sr. Manager of Fiber & OSP Construction Operations to lead the growing telecom construction team.
The Sr. Manager of Fiber & OSP Construction Operations is a newly created position designed to expand the operational activities of the telecom infrastructure program. Their engineering team will deliver top-quality fiber and OSP solutions, including aerial, underground, and end-to-end construction services. This person will develop standardized processes to guide the team as it grows.
This Role Offers
- Competitive base salary plus comprehensive benefits package, including medical, life insurance, disability, 401(K) company match, and the potential for company equity.
- Hire/fire authority and the opportunity to manage and expand a large engineering team.
- P&L responsibility for the construction operations business unit, with huge amount of freedom to design and grow the program.
- Large resource pool of design professionals, contractor budget, PMs, and engineering team.
- Relationships with all major US carriers, plus integrators, 3rd-party operators, and dark fiber network owners.
- High-demand environment is fueling huge growth.
- Financially stable, growing company with 80+ years of experience that is expanding into new markets.
- Commitment to high-quality work and employee safety.
- Direct department-wide telecom construction operations, growing revenue within small cell and OSP engineering program.
- Manage engineering program budget and report P&L to executive management.
- Participate in high-level design, estimates, pre-construction, and project planning. Coordinate internal/external teams and PMs to ensure top quality work.
- Establish operational processes for emerging market areas.
- Oversee managers of engineering groups within RF, OSP, small cell, and permitting, and develop profitability in each group.
- Expand engineering team and provide regular feedback and training to direct reports.
- Improve customer relationships and develop highly competitive SLAs.
- 15+ years of leading operations for construction, utilities, and projects in the telecom industry, with an emphasis on OSP and fiber projects.
- Strong background in North Carolina and South Carolina markets, with an existing network of industry relationships.
- Experience managing internal engineering teams as well as external vendors, subcontractors, and partners.
- PMP or other project management certification.
- P&L management and reporting experience.
- Drive to lead and direct strategy for a growing engineering program.
- Strong technical understanding of wireless infrastructure solutions, including:
- OSP fiber networks (aerial, underground)
- Enterprise-grade WiFi
- Cell towers
- Bachelor?s degree in a related field (e.g. engineering, telecom, construction).
- Excellent communication; comfortable discussing wireless infrastructure solutions with industry leaders.