Our Midwest client is an award-winning boat builder seeking a creative Sr Manager of Design to develop, implement & manage the company?s strategic boat design direction.
With responsibility for all models/prototypes completed by the design team, this individual will lead development of new marine products as well as improvements to existing ones.
- Continually evaluates available materials to keep design innovative & cutting edge utilizing both existing & new vendor resources.
- Coordinate new purchase components with the purchasing department & work directly with vendors to ensure that accuracy & quality standards are achieved.
- Collaborates effectively with all departments to develop product scope? from idea, to definition, to approval to execution.
- Transfers product build scope to engineering for preparation of the end bill of materials.
- Uses design consideration that is manufacturing friendly & translates design ideas to introduce to production.
- Works on several projects in parallel ? with challenging deadlines, using a pragmatic & hands on mentality, initiating short term actions to achieve long term objectives.
- Provides leadership to team, fostering an environment that is conducive to creative development; Provides ongoing feedback & guidance as part of the peer collaboration process.
- Minimum 3years of professional design expertise in the marine or RV/automotive industry.
- Demonstrated leadership background in a creative environment
- Possession of versatility, conceptual/visual ability & originality to translate drawings & ideas into buildable models.
- Project management skills. & software proficiency with Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop, Rhino 3D, Solidworks, Keyshot, Sketchbook Pro & Power Point.
- Knowledge of hand building with wood & foam processes.& understanding of metal & fiberglass building.
This opportunity offers generous salary with bonus potential, excellent benefits & full relocation costs for a solid candidate with interest in living & working in this fine Lansing, MI area geography.