The Sr. Operations Manager, Mobile, is responsible for the holistic performance of NBA content and the user experience across iOS and Android hand-held devices. This person will work closely with project teams throughout the SDLC to ensure quality assurance and operational goals are identified and met while maintaining ownership of in-market apps. The in-market ownership of mobile applications includes triaging production issues using knowledge of feeds and services as well as monitoring performance via tools to identify trending user issues before working with engineering teams toward resolution.
The Day to Day
- Inform and influence the SDLC at key points to ensure operational requirements are described and delivered.
- Create operational plans as input into business and technical requirements to maximize in-market operational efficiency.
- Partner with QA and review test plans and strategies to verify testing simulates production environments for accurate validation.
- Review project plans and supplement as necessary, with a keen eye towards technical dependencies and launch dates.
- Advocate for operational tickets during sprint planning.
- Assist with vendor management.
- Communicate platform-wide status reports across in-flight projects and in-market apps.
- Identify risks and apply appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Provide timely and regular communications to stakeholders that summarize platform health and performance while detailing next steps and roadmap updates (including OS updates).
- Own and triage suspected production issues.
- Verify Drupal publishing, feeds, and services while employing tools like Charles to identify root cause prior to engaging engineering for resolution.
- Provide status updates to stakeholders, advocate on behalf of mobile users through appropriate prioritization, and push for resolution.
- Update configuration files and publish to maintain appropriate app state throughout the NBA season.
- Regularly review performance and audience tools to identify negative trends that are impacting the mobile experience.
- 3+ years mobile app experience
- 5+ years project/ops mgmt
- Knowledge of Mobile Architecture / User Interface / Web Design
- Experience with Media in a Subscription or Ad Supported Business preferred
- Background in Sports-related mobile products a plus
- Knowledge of NBA Digital (NBA and NBA.com) a plus
Job ID 166240BR