Sr Manager/Engineer ? Body/HVAC/Thermal Design and Development
Seeking a dynamic, disciplined, product development process leader with experience in launching new products into serial production to assume a role as Sr Manager ? Body/HVAC/Thermal Engineering. This management position will direct certain aspects of the company?s engineering function for future body, HVAC and thermal development which encompasses program management, material and system selection, design release, analysis, development, validation and production launch. The primary emphasis of this position is to align all product engineering activities with the successful launch and serial production of current and future body and chassis design.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Lead the Engineering and Program Management responsibility for future body, HVAC and thermal design and integration
- Supports current and emerging customer requirements in existing and evolving product designs.
- Creates DVP&R, coordinates test and validation activities
- Supports communications and interpretation of design requirements to internal and external Production and Quality Engineering.
- Supports new business development activities-quote solicitation and proposal writing support.
- Ensure timely completion of all vehicle engineering deliverables necessary to meet planned production capacity ramp
- Successfully launch new customer product introductions into the field
- Develop and oversee material selection, design release, development & validation, and analysis engineering groups
- Meet corporate objectives for cost, quality, and fuel economy
- Provide complete set of engineering release documentation necessary to produce vehicles in scalable manufacturing environment
- Execute initiatives required to meet corporate objective within budget
- Ensure engineering processes are consistently and effectively utilized
- Utilize problem solving process for resolving build, field, and test incidents to provide timely closure to issues affect quality, reliability and durability (QRD)
- Ensure product and all design changes are properly validated and comply with federal compliance, regulatory, and testing requirements
- Establish a knowledge base of best practices through development of Bill or Design and Bill of Process documents
- Staff engineering group to scale with business growth and budgeted hiring plan
- Work closely with the Integrated Supply Chain, Marketing and Sales, Business Development, Manufacturing and Quality organizations to ensure key corporate objectives related to market share, cost, quality, and fuel economy are achieved.
Supports the application of Global Best Practices across the entire design function within Proterra
- Technical data package integrity
- Drawing accuracy
- Model and data file control
- Use of globally available materials
- Protection of Intellectual Property
? BS in Mechanical Engineering, MSpreferred
? 8-10 years of progressive engineeringexperience within the transportation industry with body and/or HVAC thermal focus
? Commercial bus, heavy truck, automotive or vehicle systems design a plus