- Lead a dynamic team of planners and analysts in the day to day operation of the group, develop short and long term goals, and adjust when conditions change
- Develop, implement, and improve on a STOP and material planning strategy that minimizes both shortages and inventory, use predictive analytics to improve forecast accuracy
- Develop, implement and improve on delivery assurance processes that aim to recover quickly when conditions change
- Identify gaps and improve upon statistical planning tools
- Review and analyze large sets of data to find high level inefficiencies and root Muses
- Assess and develop talent within the team
- Problem Solving: Likes big challenges and has a strong analytical background, comfortable manipulating large sets of data to generate a conclusion and an action plan.
- Thinks about the problem from many angles to determine the right path forward.
- Entrepreneurial: Thinks of new ways of operating or developing new metrics to measure the department, seeks out new ways of looking at the same problem to identify and implement new/unique solutions.
- Leadership: Someone who can coach to bring their team up to the next level
- Communication: This position will interact with many different levels, including senior management and other plants/facilities.
- This role requires strong written and verbal skills.
- Must be able to clearly and comfortably communicate problems, potential solutions and action plans to medium sized groups of employees.
- Able to influence others where there may be limited authority.
- Adaptability: Thrives in a fast paced environment where priorities are constantly changing and ambiguity is common.
- Strategic: Thinks about solutions from the corporation level, taking into account needs of other organizations.
- Able to develop and execute plans that transform the organization.
- Bachelor's degreerequired
- Master's degreepreferred
Experience / Qualifications:
- 5 years of experience in a Manufacturing, Operations, or Supply Chain environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools and strong working knowledge of Excel is required
- Experience in data analytics or data analysis of large sets of data.