JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Manager, Orchestration develops, implements and helps Universal Parks and Resorts (UPR) Marketing Analytics organization realize its vision of delivering always on, data driven, customer centric, omni-channel marketing programs by building, evolving, and running the Marketing Platform with a particular focus on Cross-Channel Orchestration and Decision Management.
- Leadership – Creates a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation. Manages and completes complex technical assignments and coaches others on solving advanced technical issues. Recognizes department, team, and individual achievements.
- Technology Planning – Aligns the Orchestration and Marketing Platform roadmap with the roadmaps for various teams including Advanced Analytics, Data Strategy, CRM, UO.com and Mobile App, and Brand/Content Teams while also balancing inputs from Digital Strategy and broader Marketing initiatives. Identifies and creates mitigation plans for data and technology gaps that enable and accelerate future product capability development.
- Audience Planning – Acts as end-user advocate and ensure balanced decisions are made that consider development and support costs, risk, end-user experience, ongoing maintainability and reliability, and stakeholder needs across all digital business units. Partners with other development partners to ensure that the required capabilities and data are available within the timeframe required for activation of key personalization campaigns.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: This role will collaborate with partners across the organization to understand stakeholder needs, define the vision and execute on strategy for the Marketing & Sales Orchestration Teams, actively manage a product roadmap, and frequently communicate progress against both with partners and leadership. Among other things, they will ensure that marketing stakeholders are able deliver relevant treatments in the optimal channel based on audience management and where they are in the customer journey. The Senior Manager will stay current on emerging technologies and business strategies in the Personalization and Martech. They will ensure their roadmap is tightly integrated with the rest of the Personalization and Marketing teams through constant collaboration with channel and product peers. This role will evangelize the digital personalization, audience management and marketing orchestration strategies throughout the Universal Parks and Resorts organization – demonstrating the value it delivers. Frequent collaborators include Brand, Advanced Analytics, Channel Owners, BI/Reporting, Product Management teams, Project Management, IT, and Solution Architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major.
- MBA or other graduate-level degree in relevant field preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance; OR 10+ years of relevant professional experience in marketing or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
- 7+ years in Marketing Analytics, Database Marketing, Campaign Management and Reporting.
- Experience working with CRM, Email, Mobile Marketing, and/or ecommerce technology preferred
- Proven skill in presentation, negotiation and persuasion of stakeholders
- Proven skill in leading and working across multiple and distinct functional organizations (e.g. IT, Marketing, Product Teams)
- Strong ability to translate between technical and business teams, with an ability to understand decision and prioritization impacts
- Knowledge and practice of core principals of software development lifecycles – preference for knowledge in Agile practices
- Strong hands-on technical/analytical skills using Campaign Management and Reporting Software (Unica, Adobe Campaign, Tableau)
- 2+ years’ experience with Personalization platforms is strongly desired
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with a sense of urgency required to work in a deadline driven environment.
- Positive attitude, team player with professional demeanor.
- Intellectual curiosity and strong willingness to learn.
- Experience managing cross channel, integrated, digital marketing campaigns that include owned channels like Email, Web, and Mobile.
- Experience working with orchestration tools (e.g. Unica, Adobe Campaign)
- Working knowledge with optimization/decisioning tools (e.g. IBM Interact, Pega, Adobe Target)
- Proven ability to work across multiple and distinct functional organizations (e.g., IT, Marketing, Product Teams) in support of specific business priorities.
- Skill in building consensus through a highly-matrixed organization of internal and vendor partners
- Working knowledge of Digital Media/Ad Tech space (e.g. DMPs, DSPs, Ad-Servers, DCO, Tag Management)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to solve problems quickly, think creatively, and satisfy Internet speed-to-market requirements
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, but within a large, complex business