At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use every day. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We are looking for a Global Marketing Operations Lead to oversee strategic direction and operational needs related to marketing vendor management (including agencies, technology solutions, and more). Manage both existing partners while identifying new, strategic vendors to add value to Uber's marketing network.
The ideal candidate possess experience in buying, marketing, technology, and/or finance, with a track record of successful relationship management, strong business acumen, and experience generating and managing reporting & analysis. An entrepreneurial spirit, ability to thrive in fast paced environments, and comfort with taking ownership, diving deep, and delivering results will all be essential to success in role.
This position will be based in San Francisco, and will report directly to the Global Director of Marketing Operations.
What You'll Do:
- Develop agency/vendor engagement strategy, and partner with finance to negotiate and manage a wide variety of contracts including, but not limited to, the following Marketing services: Creative, Experiential, Market Research, Production, Media, AdTech, and more.
- Upon development, deploy global strategy and best practices for agency management, procurement, and category management practices. Drive global adoption through ongoing socialization and iteration.
- Develop strong collaboration with key stakeholders in Regional Marketing, Product Marketing, Brand Experience, Marketing Intelligence, Procurement, Finance, and others to collaborate on spend & strategy management
- Analyze spend data, internal requirements, and external supply markets to develop strategic sourcing strategies and plans aligned with business goals
- Keep a pulse on cutting-edge industry technologies, trends, and vendors to continually uplevel Uber's marketing capabilities & internal efficiencies
- Maintain accurate and complete contract records, working with various business groups to simplify the process
- Build onboarding process for new partners to ensure smooth & consistent transition
- Establish individual & team performance targets; build roadmap to achieve various milestones
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years of experience in marketing, operations, procurement, and/or vendor management
- MBA and/or PMP/Project Management Certification preferred
- Experience in negotiating complex multi-million dollar contracts
- Data-driven mindset, with a knack for unlocking opportunities/efficiencies
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Experience with end-to-end project management and implementation
- Portfolio management experience including balancing a portfolio of projects across various dimensions
- Demonstrated problem-solving with experience providing business insights and recommendations from complex data sets