The ideal candidate is a thought leader who will lead the development of cutting-edge analytic solutions that meet the reality of business needs. Must have strong technical background to interface with data scientists and/or IT, alongside ability to ladder up recommendations to a non-technical business partners.
The individual will also partner with the Associate Director, Analytics to address short-term and long-range brand level strategic business questions, provide high level forecasting, build business scenarios, and optimize marketing ROI.
They will assess advanced analytic tools & data assets and work cross functionally to operationalize new/evolved approaches and capabilities. They will synthesize and distill complex analytics into actionable direction and size the financial and growth impact for their category. The individual will work closely with a suite of supplier agencies & internal stakeholders.
The position reports to the Associate Director of Marketing Analytics but interacts primarily and independently with category team leadership and marketing as well as other cross-functional team members such as IT, procurement, sales, finance, and supply chain.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evolves analytic capabilities of the Marketing Analytics function via identifying opportunities and piloting new and evolved approaches considering the business needs
- Evaluates analytic tools and approaches in line with functional goals, recommends emerging marketplace analytics supplier partners and best practices or internal groups to partner with, helps to vet & operationalize new ideas/capabilities.
- Organizes complex data sets for predictive analytics and automation
- Identifies evolutionary opportunities and leads capability pilots to advance Tyson Foods’ Consumer Insights & Marketing Analytics functional initiatives
- Builds consumption-based forecast models to accurately predict retail sales volume and provide monthly due-to lists.
- Provides regular, ongoing predictive analytics, business planning and scenarios for operations planning and to address business issues and opportunities. Maximizes forecast accuracy for team confidence.
- Makes recommendations for marketing ROI improvement and spending optimization and leads marketing mix learning agenda
- Provides Market Insight contribution within cross-functional teams, partnering with Innovation, Marketing, R&D, Sales, on-site suppliers, agencies, and consultants.
- Works with supplier partners to maximize project value and manage projects within cost constraints.
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Statistics, or related field, or education/certification in Predictive Analytics, Analytics, Data Science. Must have focused training in statistics and quantitative analysis. Master's Degree preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant experience, preferably on manufacturer-side and with a branded, consumer-goods company, or combination of supplier-side and manufacturer-side experience. Food industry experience is a plus.
- Deep knowledge of syndicated marketplace retail measurement data, consumer panels, and experience integrating, harmonizing, analyzing large syndicated datasets.
- Must have experience with data science & analytics tools and software, such as (R, Python, Matlab, SAS, etc.) & enterprise analytic tools (e.g. Tableau, Alteryx, PowerBI, etc.) and a strong technical background to interface with data scientists and IT.
- Excellent quantitative/analytical ability required: thorough understanding of data mining, statistical modeling, machine learning, and predictive analytic applications in a business setting required.
- Experience working with IRI/Nielsen data required. Understanding of omni-channel data sources, like ecommerce, preferred. Experience with marketplace data outside of CPG is valued.
- Must be comfortable working in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Adaptable and comfortable operating with ambiguity, and have strong intellectual curiosity
- Communicates insights in a clear and concise manner, both through written and verbal communication. Able to listen to & learn from other members of the team, to communicate data concepts, problems, and solutions to business partners and suppliers to ensure outcomes are impactful, meaningful, and can be applied effectively in practice; ideally would have a consultative background to educate and problem solve
- Able to develop objective point-of-view, be seen as strategic thought leader on team, and build constructive relationships with internal clients and outside research suppliers.
- Must have strong influencing and presentation skills – establishes a point of view, articulates it, and has the ability to influence team members. Their ideas transcend the business team and become company best practice.
- Demonstrated success in leveraging marketing analytics & insights to drive business results. Distills complex analytics into actionable direction, financial and growth impact for the category.
- Needs successful experience using quantitative approaches/technology leveraged in several of the following:
- Marketing Mix, marketing response measurement and marketing ROI optimization
- Trade event response and optimization, pricing response and revenue optimization
- Purchase/need state segmentation (market structure) or consumer/household segmentation
- Data collection, pre-processing, integration, and automation for analytic databases