Zoro offers millions and millions of products - an endless aisle with everything you need to run your business. We offer fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We've grown quickly in a short time and are continuing to do so while aggressively growing our revenue. We are excited to be a part of an award-winning culture - we have been named a Great Place to Work for multiple years in a row, among other local and national accolades. We think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow, and think you will too!Primary Function
Zoro is hiring a Senior Manager of Market Research for our group located in the Buffalo Grove, Illinois facility. We are looking for an entrepreneurial-minded talent that thrives in a collaborative environment focusing on collective solutions that drive additional business and continually improves the customer experience.
The Senior Manager of Market Research will be a key business partner for Zoro's senior business leaders, and will lead the primary market research function for Zoro. We will rely on him/her to develop a plan to expand this team, so the bridge can be built between Zoro's strategy development and the communications with existing/potential customers. You will need a clear vision about the capabilities to be built and the projects to be implemented so that our research function can fully support Zoro's rapid growth. While building the team, this person will collaborate with a wide range of business functions such as branding development, marketing planning, acquisition strategy, website design, and pricing to build the foundation and intelligence for their strategy development process.Duties and Responsibilities
- Own the primary market research functions for assigned business areas such as marketing, Ecommerce, or Pricing.
- Work with the director of marketing analysis to develop the strategy, vision, and plan for Zoro's primary market research team.
- Responsible for managing ,mentoring, and coaching 2~5 market research managers or analysts
- Strategically planning the new capabilities to be captured and projects to be done to support Zoro's strategy development
- Work closely with senior leaders across different functions to identify the needs of market research and build working plans to support their business planning
- Provide the guidance for business partners to understand the insights from market research and make correct decisions based on them.
- Lead the process of choosing research vendors for the company
- Lead your team to provide market/customer research support for key business activities (strategic initiatives, branding concepts & campaigns, marketing planning, customer segmentation strategy, price sensitivity & demand elasticity etc.)
- 10+ years of professional experiences in a market research firm or in-house customer insights department required.
- Bachelor degree in behavior or social science, communication, or market research required, master degree preferred
- A proven leader to build, coach, and mentor a market research team
- Experienced in building and growing a research team to meet the needs from a fast growing business
- Have former experiences in assisting business decision making or strategy development through market research activities
- Experienced in leading big customer research projects and designing research methodologies and plans based on business requests
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. A seasoned presenter
- 4+ years of applied research experience designing, executing and analyzing primary research
- 4+ years of experience in applied qualitative research including interviews, observations and ethnographic studies
- Ability to conduct basic statistical analysis (Descriptive Statistics, Anova, Z-test, T-test, Linear Regression) by using Excel or SPSS
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Power Point
- Must be technology savvy and able to navigate or learn our various software and systems.
- Must be able to travel up to 15% domestically
We share a commitment to our Zoro values - Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.