Purpose of Position
The purpose of this position is to understand the current and future technology trends for Corning Life Science markets and to define the implication of these trends on product requirements and technical service offerings. A key output of this function is an innovation product roadmap in support of the business technology strategy.
Major Responsibilities (Ongoing Tasks)
• Lead assessment of new product and business opportunities and recommend pre-portfolio concepts
• Lead a “virtual” global market development team, leveraging CLS resources in North America, Europe, and Asia
• Identify technology trends representing threats or opportunities for Corning
• Lead product design initiatives to identify promising concepts for validation
• Assess concepts with cross-functional team for potential impact and fit, including deep assessment of technology, risks, players, and financials.
• Provide business recommendation.
• Coordinate with CLS Strategy and Business Operations teams on potential partners for external development that are encountered as part of assessment activities.
• Support business technology strategy - Deliver industry roadmap based on deep Voice of Ecosystem (VOE) understanding across multiple regions, markets, and customers. Articulate the implication of trends and gaps on CLS product and technology roadmap, working in coordination with CLS research and development teams. - Lead or initiate technology assessments for trends with significant potential impact / opportunity
• Support Voice of Customer (VOC) feedback with key customers and value chain as required - Validate value prop and workflow impact for Portfolio projects and programs - Highlight new product and product enhancement opportunities that may result from validation activity for further assessment
Job Specifications – Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, materials, or bio-related fields
• Desired: Master’s degree in business administration or technology field PhD in science relating to CLS markets
• 5+ years of experience in life sciences industry
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviors
• Knowledge - Extensive knowledge of science linked to harnessing the power of the cell
• Experience in commercial and product line planning