We are looking for a driven individual to join our Operations group and lead a team focused on a variety of project management, operational excellence, internal communications, training and compliance, and business systems functions. In this role you and your team will collaborate with manufacturing, QC, QA, facilities, finance, PMO, supply chain, IT, process development, and remote teams. Your team will be responsible for providing project management and business systems support to the manufacturing work centers in the areas described below in order to drive excellence in operational efficiency, quality, continuous improvement, and compliance to business systems.
- Business Analysis: Access, compile, and analyze financial, manufacturing, product health, and operational performance data and metrics, and then present results in clear messages and reports.
- Product Lifecycle engineering: Support manufacturing by driving understanding of product applications, production history and status, operational readiness, critical parameter management, product configuration, and liaison to the product core teams.
- Internal Marketing: Create staff training materials, including product applications profiles, where-used reports, and specifications summaries and communicate to staff using a variety of formats. Raise awareness of how site performance ties to corporate mission and vision. b) Build master product files by identifying and compiling historical and current product information, including product attributes, characteristics, long term stability data, etc.
- Change control: Manage production change control requests, risk assessments, and verification plans, including liaison with remote product teams. Partner with Quality organization to shepherd process and testing change requests to implementation.
- Business Systems: Work with team leaders to identify key business functions, metrics, and operating activities, and then drive system improvements and utility to the organization. Lead operations business continuity planning.
- Operations Quality: Drive operations best practice, timely completion, and compliance to quality systems, including non-conformances, CAPAs, Quality Plans, etc. Work with teams to properly scope quality documents, monitor execution, and drive completion. Provide project management support to the affected teams during facility moves or remodels.
- Operational excellence:
- Provide leadership to the manufacturing teams to help them successfully implement OpEx management systems and develop new initiatives.
- Identify, prioritize, execute, adopt, and implement new business systems that improve operational efficiency in support of business objectives. Partner with Operational Excellence team to drive investigation of issues and failures related to corporate processes that affect manufacturing and operations
- Provide project management and leadership to help teams identify operational constraints, develop solution-focused projects, drive project execution, and provide effectiveness metrics for completed projects.
- Scientific training: Design, create, and conduct scientific training modules across a wide range of topics relevant to the Madison scientific disciplines as well on what roles Madison intermediate materials play in Illumina sequencing products and technologies. Work with individual teams to create competency-training modules to supplant existing static trainings. Help teams implement training tracking. Develop systems to measure, track, and communicate training expertise levels of manufacturing employees.
- Safety: Provide support to manufacturing teams to comply with new and existing safety programs.
- 10 or more years in a business systems, operational excellence, or custom services role.
- 10 or more years of project management experience.
- 5 or more years management experience of a team with diverse responsibilities.
- Ability to accurately execute complex projects in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ability to think critically and demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporaryresponsibilities outside of the initial job description.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction. Ability to weigh competing priorities and redeploy resources quickly.
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D., preferably in a scientific discipline.