AGCO is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Manufacturing Operations to join our Manufacturing team in Hesston, KS. The Senior Manager, Manufacturing Operations will mainly be responsible for managing four (4) AGCO manufacturing business unit operations, specifically Painting and Assembly operations.
The Senior Manager, Manufacturing Operations will also have specific responsibility for implementing and maintaining AGCO’s process of continuous improvement by deploying the AGCO Production system (APS) tools and processes for driving breakthrough technology improvements and implementation within the business units.
In addition, the Senior Manager, Manufacturing Operations will actively engage with the internal supply chain ME and Quality groups to pursue total site goals and requirements.
- Develop annual operating budget for business units, including establishing and meeting financial goals and objectives by forecasting requirements, and variances.
- Establish and submit capital budget planning
- Lead capacity planning activities for business units to deliver corporate S&OP planning requests.
- Lead business units in Continuous Improvement (CI) activities; specifically: facilitating business units Policy Deployment / APS Roadmap implementation; providing formal and informal Lean training, coaching, and kaizen (small improvement) facilitation; ensuring successful kaizen events by training and ensuring compliance to the kaizen process; including: (1) planning of kaizen events with a direct impact on Strategic and KPI targets, (2) kaizen execution and (3) sustainment of kaizens.
- Provide day to day direction & exercise direct supervision over general and line supervisors.
- Exercise matrix supervision over support functions in residence of the plant.
- Promote employee safety in all production processes and activities.
- 7+ years of experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing setting
- 5+ years of experience managing or working in Paint (liquid or powder) and assembly processes.
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing continuous improvement teams and projects to assure attainment in the business’ Strategic and KPI targets.
- Must be able to demonstrate advanced understanding and experience of a variety of Lean Manufacturing tools, such as problem solving and root cause analysis, value stream mapping, 5S, SMED, visual and daily management, standardized work, line balancing, ergonomic assessment, etc.
- 2+ years of experience managing salary and hourly employees in a union environment
- 2+ experience working within a low volume/high complexity OEM or tier-1 supplier
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or a related field