The Sr Manager, Manufacturing IT will lead the global manufacturing technology strategy, tactical planning and develop and direct the operation of manufacturing IT systems. The incumbent will ensure that the operational technology portfolio enhances organizational strategy and global information management through successful, consistent, and predictable delivery of programs, projects and applications. The Sr. Manager will partner closely with business executives across a variety of functional areas to set policies, procedures, technical standards, methods, and priorities. The role will also control and recommend budgets as well as lead and allocate staff within divisional Manufacturing IT domains.
- Understand and contribute to IT strategy and translate business strategy into an aligned Manufacturing IT portfolio of programs, projects and applications.
- Align with the business on the portfolio of programs, projects and applications and ensure that the Manufacturing IT long range plan and budget are aligned.
- Collaborate with other parts of divisional IT, Global Information Services, and other corporate sector staff departments, external partners and customers to ensure adequate and timely delivery of agreed services, in line with agreed service levels.
- Understand the specific challenges and opportunities linked to the regulatory, legal and economic situation across countries and business units.
- Constant awareness of evolving regulatory requirements and their applicability to information systems and influence the IT stakeholders and vendors in addressing these evolutions in the most efficient way.
- Negotiate for and secures resources to meet the long-range needs of the business.
- Oversee and Manufacturing IT budgets, project capital/OPEX expenditures and ROI.
- Identify and exploit opportunities for cost reductions and cost avoidance.
- Champion change and innovation. Stimulate creativity and innovation in others. Open to new ideas. Support those who initiate change and take risks.
- Promote a global perspective.
- Responsible for all aspects of people leadership; setting expectations, coaching, counseling, developing, evaluating, feedback, hiring, discipline and separation.
- Establishes staffing/resources plans to determine appropriate mix of sourcing opportunities.
- Responsible for overall organizational effectiveness.
- Confront and resolve people issues in a constructive and timely manner. Responsible for overall morale of team and to promote cohesive attitude.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional policies and procedures.
- Other duties as directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Experience MES platforms such as CamStar is required
- Experience with QMS/PLM platforms such as PTC Windchill is required
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to partner proactively and build consensus with key constituents throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate in ambiguous situations effectively
- Build followership and credibility by listening to others, using acumen, negotiation skills and understanding the state-of-the-business to appropriately impact and influence others
- Ability to build long-term strategies and visions and pull-down strategy into specific goals and objectives with measurable outcomes
- Keen technical skills and proven ability to assess needs, identify issues, recommend alternatives and implement and drive change
- Experience in setting IT strategy and business IT alignment as well as effectively managing vendors.
- Strong knowledge of Manufacturing Execution Systems with broad IT expertise in various disciplines, such systems development, infrastructure etc.
- Broad knowledge of all technologies used or to be used by the internal customer, their external customers and internal partners.
- Strong organizational skills, including program/project governance.
- Experience leading teams, both with direct staff and indirect project teams.
- Experience with GxP validation.
- Experience with vendor management.
- Advanced experience, including but not limited to, a variety of IT systems including Microsoft Windows, applications, web-based activities, database operations, and technical operations.
- A desire to understand the business, the products, the market, and the customers that we serve.
- Willingness to learn new skills/techniques/processes
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration or other discipline relevant for the life sciences industry or equivalent experience.
- 10 years of IT experience in large or mid-size multinational company with at least 5 years or more project management experience.
- Track record in pharmaceutical or medical device industry as well as business knowledge of commercial, development, and manufacturing processes as related to IT.