Sr Manager, Leadership & Organizational Development
Role Overview The Sr Manager, Organizational Capability will be responsible for the design, delivery and implementation of custom solutions that build leader capabilities, enhance coworker engagement, and improve team and individual performance to help drive business results. To ensure delivery of effective, best-in-class solutions, this individual will apply Organizational Development expertise and current best practice research, work closely with key stakeholders including HR business partners and senior leadership across business functions, tailor solutions to CDW’s audience and environment, and measure success and enhance offerings based on strong analytics and insights.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Business Assessment and Opportunity Identification: Assess business challenges, diagnose opportunities and make recommendations that positively impact leadership and organizational effectiveness. Contribute to Leadership & Organizational Development strategy.
- Needs Analysis, Design and Implementation: Lead needs analysis, design, development and implementation of leadership and organizational development solutions (such as development programs, instructor-led training, virtual training, eLearning and blended solutions, simulations, assessments, coaching, job aids, communications and change management support).
- Learning Delivery and Facilitation: Deliver learning content and solutions to leaders, teams and/or coworkers. Establish credibility with audience, showcase subject matter expertise, facilitate knowledge transfer and skill practice, and reinforce key messages and learning for participants to be applied back on the job, in an engaging and impactful way.
- Project Management and Delivery: Working with team leadership and key stakeholders, propose and agree project goals, approach, resources & responsibilities, interdependencies, timing and success measures. Develop work plan and manage project to meet agreed milestones. Communicate progress, solicit and incorporate feedback, and ensure alignment for successful delivery. Proactively identify and recommend solutions to any issues that arise.
- Partner with Human Resources Generalists (Business Partners) and Business Leaders: Develop and effectively implement state-of-the-art programs and services to meet identified needs. Provide ongoing guidance on effectively assessing, developing and coaching talent through learning solutions that meet business goals, drive higher performance and strengthen team engagement.
- Program & Talent Performance Data Analysis: Analyze and interpret business data/trends impacting performance including program evaluation, talent data, assessments, evaluations, engagement and business performance. Present insights as support for solutions recommendations.
- Best Practice and Continuous Improvement Focus: Keep current of best practices, emerging research and innovative programs in the Leadership and Organizational Development space to ensure that CDW’s strategies and initiatives provide a competitive edge. Lead continuous improvement efforts to enhance quality and increase efficiency of offerings in areas of responsibility.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 7 years experience in the Human Resources function, with at least 5 years in Organizational Development/Effectiveness, Talent Development/Management or related area
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen. Proven ability to identify problems, examine situations from multiple angles and propose solutions that balance innovation and practicality for desired impact. Strong business acumen with understanding of business functions, drivers of company performance and financials.
- Leadership and Organizational Development expertise. Successful track record of designing, developing, and delivering leadership and organizational development solutions across functional, geographic and organizational boundaries to meet business goals.
- Engaging and experienced facilitator. Passionate about teaching, coaching and developing leaders and coworkers, helping them to expand knowledge, deepen skills, discover insights, and gain confidence to apply learnings to further elevate their performance and business impact. Ability to connect with and engage multiple types of learners in a credible and impactful way. Displays emotional intelligence in reading audiences and adjusts delivery approach and style when necessary to maximize impact of learning.
- Excellent communication skills. Exceptional interviewing, listening, writing, presentation and facilitation skills. Track record of designing and developing polished and impactful presentations and materials and presenting to audiences and key stakeholders, including senior leadership. Experience creating organizational communications and campaigns to support successful project implementation.
- Exceptional project manager. Driven to meet deadlines in fast-paced environment. Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business. Calm under pressure and resilient when faced with change in direction or challenges.
- Strong stakeholder management and customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to build relationships and effectively collaborate with all levels of leaders across HR and business functions, including senior leadership. Anticipates customer needs and highly responsive to requests. Maintains confidentiality.
- Experience with Talent Analytics. Experience performing analyses and identifying insights applicable to the organizational development project, audience or business. Ability to work with large datasets, merging data from multiple sources, and applying formulas, functions & filters in Excel.
- Assessment and survey experience. Experience in assessment/survey design, deployment, data analysis and administration.
- Software expertise. Strong proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Experience working with talent management software and HRIS systems.
- Location & travel. Position is based in Lincolnshire, IL. Occasional travelrequired (up to 10%), depending on project responsibilities.
- MBA, Masters or PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior/Development, Human Resource Management or related business field
- Experience working in large, multi-location corporate environment with domestic and international presence
- Experience working in a sales organization, in the technology industry and/or a Business-to-Business (B2B) environment
- Experience, certifications and/or credentials administering external third-party leadership, team, or employee assessments or designing and administering internal assessments
- Experience developing learning solutions with Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate or Brainshark and with digital learning platforms a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Access, SPSS or comparable statistical software program a plus
- 5 years of combined experience managing direct reports, cross-functional teams, or large vendor relationships
Job ID: 17001517