Summary of Major Responsibilities
Sr Manager, Laboratory Support Services directs departments within the organizations including, but not limited to, revenue cycle and the laboratory order entry teams. This position is responsible for the oversight of the revenue cycle and laboratory order entry teams and deliverables. This individual provides mentoring to department managers and laboratory staff as needed. The Sr Manager works closely with the Director, Laboratory Support Services and Exact Sciences Laboratory Leadership Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for directing and coordinating the overall functions of the Revenue Cycle Department to ensure maximization of cash flow while improving patient, physician, and other customer relations.
- Responsible for directing and coordinating the overall functions of the Laboratory Orders Department and is responsible for departmental metrics and productivity measures and other identified key performance indicators.
- Drive operational excellence of patient registration and order entry, including process flow, data integrity, information alignment and continual process improvement.
- Responsible for the oversight, mentoring and development of the Manager, Revenue Cycle and Manager, Laboratory Orders.
- Directs managers in daily management of department Supervisors and personnel.
- Monitors timeliness and effectiveness of department activities.
- Coordinates as needed with other departments within the Exact Sciences Customer Care division to develop processes to support the teams.
- Routinely audits current procedures to monitor and improve efficiency of operations.
- Ensures that the activities of the revenue cycle and laboratory orders teams are conducted in a manner that is consistent with Exact Sciences policies, processes and procedures and follow Federal, State, and payer regulations, guidelines, and requirements.
Mandatory Skills & Qualifications
- Requires strong managerial, leadership skills, including critical thinking and the ability to produce and present detailed reports.
- Proven experience in the areas of people management, workflow needs and Technical capabilities listed under the essential duties and responsibilities section of this document.
- Experience working with Quality Management including strong knowledge of all laws and regulations that are required by CMS, OIG, CLIA, CAP, OSHA and other related legislative and/or state health departments and organizations.
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changing workload and circumstances effectively; able to respond to new information quickly.
- Demonstrated experience with accounts receivables and payables and associated workflows.
- Knowledge of International Classification of Diseases (ICD-9) and (ICD-10).
- Knowledge of Coding Procedure Terminology (CPT and HCPCS).
- Knowledge of Explanation of Benefits (EOB); must be able to read and interpret explanation of benefits (EOB) for all payers.
- Thorough understanding of ASC X12 claims adjustment and remark codes.
- Ability to work cross-functionally across different operations within the organization.
Necessary Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent educational and business experience.
- Minimum of 10 (ten) years of experience within the healthcare industry within a leadership capacity with influence over processes, procedures, staffing models and training content and/or development.
- Third party payer experiencerequired.
- Strong, demonstrated knowledge of managing claims processing.
- 5 years of leadership experience with demonstrated ability to recruit, assess, motivate & inspire others to help business achieve success.