As Sr. Manager, Key Initiatives in Commercial Excellence, you will play a significant role by working closely with our senior commercial excellence leaders by assisting in the implementation of our business plans and strategic priorities, that support the company’s growth levers.
You have a visionary spirit, are highly client-centric, an analytical & agile thinker, enthusiastic to get going quickly and to make a significant impact on the business. This position will report to the Head of Commercial Excellence, Thomson Reuters. The commercial excellence team mandate is to support the customer segments in pursuing growth via the levers of cross-sell/upsell, retention, pricing and new customer acquisition. In this role, you will support the leaders in implementing and managing the key initiatives required to enable these growth levers.
These are exciting times for our organization and this role requires exemplary organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and handle critical time sensitive requests.
Bring your real passion for innovation and together we’ll make a difference.
- Define project success criteria, collects and analyzes relevant metrics and communicates this to relevant partners, leaders and other involved parties throughout project lifecycle.
- Ensures that the various critical initiatives have in place the appropriate systems, practices and procedures to promote a culture of efficient, effective and timely risk and issue management.
- Develop standard methodologies, techniques, and tools for project planning, execution, project management, ongoing milestone/deliverable tracking, communication, and key performance metrics.
- Develop and manage a list of key performance metrics that tracks the value added by the teams
- Setup daily, weekly and monthly management cadence to track the progress of the initiatives
- Setup mechanisms to interlock with the customer segments and ensure that we are aligning with their priorities
- Setup the cadence required to communicate the progress and issues two the customers and to TR senior leadership
- Initiate and lead risk management effort and ensure risk activities are consistently integrated into the daily workings of the commercial excellence teams
- Provide PM subject matter expertise and support for large and/or complex projects across all lines of customer segments.
Critical competencies for success
- Influential with key decision makers and understand their points of view.
- Work with minimal guidance and promote an open flow of information so that all concerned are well-informed.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities and dedicatedly lead changes in project scope, timelines, and requirements.
- Working experience with Agile Delivery (Scrum experience preferred) and knows how to define how the scope, goals, and deliverables of projects should support business goals, in collaboration with partners.
- Savvy, adept and appropriate in a complex structure involving corporate level relationships, multi-division / business unit involvement and matrix reporting.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Visionary approach, creative, passionate, self-starter. Persistence despite obstacles or setbacks, comfort with ambiguity.
- Excellent client relationship management skills including influencing and establishing links with a wide range of partners including senior management.
- Master's Degree preferred
- 7+ years of relevant experience.
- 5+ years program coordination experience
- Hands on experience with PMO tools, agile methods & demand planning
- Experience in project planning and management skills with working understanding of project management methodology, software as well as resource allocation and budgeting.
- Experience project leading cross-functional, remote and virtual project teams in a matrix organization and handle projects.
- Travel as required.
- Ability to influence within a virtual team.
- Ability to build trusted relationships with key partners by seeing their angles and issues and works toward mutual solutions.
- Ability to effectively address and resolve conflict within and across teams.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to influence and negotiate authoritatively.
- A strong communicator with the ability to pull out and summarize information and tailor communication style and content for a variety of audiences.
- Appropriate and confident presenting to executives.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law.
Req #: JREQ113637