As an IT leader you will manage the products and services of IT Operations and Services with a focus on Database Services. This position will be responsible for acquiring and maintaining IT assets, forecasting demand and cost, and managing vendor relationships, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Defining and maintaining a catalog of services and operational scope of IT Operations and Services with a focus on a superior end-user experience. (use-cases, purchasing and inventory management, configuration services, coordinating support, etc.)
- Identifying, acquiring, and maintaining the necessary assets and capabilities, while forecasting demand and capacity requirements of IT assets and acquiring additional capacity and capability as needed.
- Identifying opportunities and creating roadmaps and marketing strategies for new “mass market” services and improvements to existing services.
- Acquiring the necessary commitments from other IT domains to provide and support those newly proposed services and improvements.
- Evaluating third-party service providers and determining the costs of device delivery, categorized by customer groups, and acquiring the funding for services and improvements.
- Manage team members conducting operation activities of the assets.
- Analyze incident and break/fix patterns with regards to the assets and engage in formal Problem Management practices to eliminate recurrences.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Technical knowledge of various PC, laptop, tablet, and smartphone technologies (end-user devices) and knowledge about the industry’s leaders.
- Budget and Financial Management skills: expense cost center and capital budget management. Quotes, PO’s, Invoices, Coupa, Anaplan – or equivalent budget management systems.
- Knowledge of retail technologies and knowledge about the industry’s leaders.
Work Experience &/or Education:
- 8+ Years managing similar IT operations
- College degree in Business or CIS preferred but not require.
- Appropriate IT or business certifications for database technologies will be favorably considered – IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, etc.