Make Next Happen Now. For more than 35 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB provides targeted financial services and expertise through its offices in innovation centers around the world. With commercial, international and private banking services, SVB helps address the unique needs of innovators. Silicon Valley Bank serves innovative companies and their investors around the world, from life science to healthcare, venture capital to private equity, and tech to non-profit. SVB banks half of all venture-backed companies in the U.S. and is one of the fastest-growing companies in the world . By providing innovative banking products with an entrepreneurial spirit and supporting community causes that align with its values, SVB fosters innovation all over the globe. See More
The Internal Audit function provides the Bank with objective and independent assurance services. We work to support the Bank in its mission and help it achieve its objectives through proactive risk management. We have an exciting opportunity in our Internal Audit group for a Senior Manager of IT Internal Audit. The IT Audit Senior Manager will be a key part of our Internal Audit team for IT reporting into the Director of IT Audit. This individual should demonstrate an advanced understanding of IT, IT risk management, cyber security, architecture, and other IT process areas. This individual will be responsible to lead and manage multiple technology audits through performing risk assessments, developing audit scope and audit programs, executing technology audits, working independently, and supervising staff and Managers as required.
This role would be a best fit for a highly skilled individual with significant IT audit and/or cyber security experience at a Big 4, financial services company, or reputable security consulting firm. If you have the right qualifications, a passion for technology, are deeply technical, can perform well with limited supervision, and build effective relationships across the organization, we would like to meet you!
Core Responsibilities Include:
The IT Audit Senior Manager is responsible for planning and executing the Internal Audit department's technology audits and supporting the IT audit practice, including:
• Lead the execution of global technology audits including risk assessment, planning, scoping, and delivering multiple audits with an emphasis on cyber security and technology process areas.
• Able to manage projects within budgetary and time constraints while providing a high-level of client satisfaction
• Stay apprised, engaged, and trained in emerging technologies and technology risks to feed into the development of IT risk assessments and audit programs.
• Lead the audit execution for our technology audits by establishing relationships and coordinating with process owners to identify and test controls integral to safeguarding our organization and identifying improvement opportunities.
• Working with the company's external auditors and federal regulators to support their annual audit and examination efforts
• Drives project completion by reviewing and overseeing the completion of audit work papers, reviewing compensating controls and offering recommendations on risk mitigation
• Manage the follow-up activities for remediation of issues identified and communicated to management
• Build effective relationships with IT management, cyber security and incident response teams, web application development teams, and other risk functions throughout the bank.• Bachelor's and/or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, accounting information systems, or equivalent discipline.
• 7-10 years of experience at a Big 4 accounting firm and/or financial services company leading and conducting audits of key cyber security and technology domains.
• At least one professional certification required, preferably multiple, such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, GSEC, GPEN, GSLC, or equivalent.
• Expert level knowledge and understanding of key IT and security policies, standards, and frameworks applicable to this role (COBIT, NIST, ISO 2700* series, CIS, OWASP, ITIL, PCI-DSS, etc.)
• Ability to understand and communicate highly technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences supported by a strong understanding of concepts related to cyber security and technology.
• Strong project management and organizational skills, with the capability to work on multiple projects with minimal direction in a dynamic and fluid environment with rotating priorities
• Pro-active, high energy and strong interpersonal skills with a team-focused attitude, demonstrating the ability to collaborate and compromise while building constructive and effective relationships
• Previous experience with attack and penetration testing and/or cyber incident response a plus
Valid through: 11/28/2020