Responsible for overall management of the support and execution functions within the *NIX system securityengineering organization for Express Scripts. This includes but is not limited to the daily support, troubleshooting, analysis, investigations and change execution related to system security functions and technologies, working closely with engineering and production support teams. Includes both developing and implementing supporting processes and strategy related to security and support for these areas of focus.
- Direct and develop the overall support and execution functions within the system securityengineering organization.
- Weighs business needs against both security and implementation risk in order support the business and overall information protection strategy.
- Manages a diverse team of support and execution engineers while also focusing on project demands and tasks.
- Analyze and approve change controls that will affect the internal and perimeter security components in a reliable yet agile manner while enforcing defined change control policies.
- Build strong relationships with the dedicated engineering team in order to help develop and support new and existing capabilities. Develop and maintain comprehensive and current support documentation (hardware/software inventory, runbooks, build documents, checklists, SOP's, diagrams, etc.).
- Build strong relationships with technology vendors.
- Provide technical system security expertise to both internal and external customers in order to resolve highly complex systemsecurity related issues.
- Help develop and manage software and hardware life-cycle programs including security patching.
- Meet regularly with counterparts from Risk Management to align with the broader LAN/WAN/Wireless and NetworkSecurity information protection strategies.
- Demonstrate the ability to assist engineering on improving and supporting current capabilities.
- Mentor junior staff in order to continue building a world class system securityengineering support organization.
- Ability to effectively manage both on-shore and off-shore teams.
- Available 24x7 as an escalation point for related technologies as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science or related discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Must be detail oriented and able to effectively manage competing projects and priorities.
- Motivated, passionate technology manager with a focus on process improvement, technical support and analytical thinking.
- 5+ years experience directly managing a technical engineering or support team in a fast paced environment with a concentration in system security or related areas.
- Previous experience in system security administration with a working understanding of at least some of the following platforms and technologies: Linux, AIX, HP-UX, firewalls/vpn, load balancing, web application firewall, web proxy, email security, DLP, DNS security, network routing/switching).
- Familiar with cloud security concepts.Relevant industry Information Security certification(s); CISSP, CompTIA Security +, CEH, GIAC Security Essentials, or CISM.Experienced in vendor relationship management including maintenance contracts, pricing and developing/executing SOW initiatives.
- Excellent communication and client relation skills.
- Understanding the overall business functions and the impact of technical decisions on business results.
- A passionate technology manager with a focus on process improvement and technical support. Knowledge, skills, and abilities normally required for competent performance in the job.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you enjoy making things work seamlessly and figuring out ways to improve functionality? Do you have a knack for automating processes? Be a part of our team that focuses on reliability and keeping our systems running. From data centers to servers, this talent is relied on to create and maintain critical platforms for the organization. If this is your skill set and you want to be at the center of work that impacts 83 million Americans, explore our opportunities.
Job Id: REQ20009583