Responsible for leading LGE’s Open Innovation, partnership and venture investment activities as part of the Technology Partnerships and Investment (TPI) team. Source, develop, manage, and execute upon a pipeline of opportunities with team members in US and in Korea by evaluating collaborative R&D, joint prototyping projects, partnership agreements and/or investment potential. Lead LGE’s internal efforts in identifying, evaluating and strategically promoting new technologies that align and advance LGE business units’ strategic direction. Facilitate and manage multi-team collaboration between LGE CTO R&D and BU teams and external partners in North America. Collaborations can take the form of co-working, co-development, licensing, investment or M&A and will require ongoing comprehensive knowledge of LGE’s future plans and strategies.
Investments / M&A
- Identify and source investment/M&A candidates around well-formulated investment theses.
- Play a key role in presenting, due diligence and preparation of materials for potential investment / M&A if an opportunity is identified
- Support in the execution and management of investments
- Promote and increase awareness of LG Electronics OI and investment activities within the startup ecosystem.
Technology Search and Partnerships
- Introduce and shepherd important technologies within LG Electronics’ CTO organization and LGE Business Units using established Open Innovation processes.
- Generate the formulation of a collaboration thesis for each project/program
- Lead multi-team technical & business evaluations to determine potential implications for technologies.
- Build relationships with VCs, industry groups / associations, educational institutes and research establishments.
- Plan and coordinate technology search & partnering events (Tech Fairs) involving LG Electronics executives
- Research new disruptive technologies in North America in alignment to LG Electronics’ strategic directions
- Identify important trends for reports on technology, consumer and industry intelligence to LG stakeholders.
- Identify, present and manage new opportunities that can result in increased sales through OI, strategic partnerships, M&A and/or new business models
- Work closely with LGE’s teams in US, Korea to define new business directions, propose new opportunities for growth
- Bachelor's degreerequired, preferably technical in nature.
- Technical masters degree or MBApreferred
- Minimum 8 years total working experience, 5 of which should be in the technology sector
- 1-3 years prior venture investment experiencerequired with established venture capital ecosystem relationships
- Entrepreneurial or investment bankingexperience a plus.