Sr. Manager, Investment & Retirement Services
• The Sr Manager, Investment and Retirement Services is both an individual contributor, as well as a manager.
• Supervise the Specialist, Investment & Retirement Services, Associate, Investment & Retirement Services, and Coordinator, Investment & Retirement Services teams.
• Manage the financial planning software programs.
• Review and approve written retirement plans.
• Continuously modify written plan output, plan assumptions, data gathering techniques and package content.
• Coordinate and lead inter-departmental projects to promote NRECA products and services.
• Serve as subject matter expert on retirement and investment planning topics for individuals both internal and external to the Insurance & Financial Services Division.
Purpose and Mission
• Supervise the IRS, IRC and IRA teams. Provide technical expertise and training on financial planning topics to direct reports. Track their workflow, including the Specialists’ timely preparation, delivery and storage of personal written retirement plans; the Associates’ quality control and accuracy for phone calls; the Coordinators’ high-satisfaction from co-op membership. Identify opportunities to improve workflow quality and efficiency. Ensure team members’ procedures are up to date, accurate and adhered to. Coach the team on best practices for reaching their goals. Perform quarterly performance appraisals and determine salary increases. Approve expense reports and timecards and track PTO. (50%)
• Review Written Retirement Plans. Review and approve PIRC written retirement plans created by the IRPs for technical accuracy, suitability of guidance, and adherence to organizational policies. Coordinate activities with Senior Director, Investment & Retirement Services and others designated to review retirement plans to ensure consistent review procedures and to suggest or make procedural changes. (35%)
• Manage Financial Planning Software Programs. Responsible for managing the various financial planning software programs used by PIRC. Serve as liaison on various software packages (MoneyGuidePro, MasteryPoint, etc.) to manage the contract, lead testing on any changes and software updates, and serve as subject matter expert to the rest of the PIRC team. (5%)
• As needed, travel and conduct seminars (standard and customized) and one-on-one consultations through the PIRC program. Respond to participant inquiries (by phone or in person) regarding asset allocation, diversification, distribution strategies, and post-retirement investments. Assess suitability requirements and provide appropriate retirement distribution and asset allocation suggestions. Prepare and deliver written retirement plans, as needed. (5%)
• Maintain comprehensive, current knowledge and serve as subject matter expertise (to individuals both internal and external to the Investments Division) on the latest business developments in the areas of financial planning and employee benefits (e.g., NRECA benefits and services, retirement planning, education funding, personal portfolio management, personal income tax, estate planning, Social Security and Medicare, etc.) Maintain professional designation(s), by satisfying the requirements of the designation issuer(s). (5%)
• Perform special projects as assigned.
• Responsible for the proper security and disposal of any confidential information that he or she may possess in the course of performing this position’s job duties, as well as ensuring staff compliance with security protocols in accordance with NRECA’s Personnel and Administrative Policy and HIPAA Privacy and Security Policies and Procedures Manuals.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in the arts, sciences or business required
• Must possess and maintain a professional designation such as CFP®, CEBS®, ChFC®, CLU, CRPC®, or RICP® or if previously maintained Series 6, 7, 63, 65 or 66 license, must obtain a professional designation such as CFP®, CEBS®, ChFC®, CLU, CRPC®, or RICP® within two years.
• 7 years of experience in the financial services industry with three years recent experience consulting individuals on financial planning issues.
• Prior experience supervising staff