• Responsible for the development, implementation and daily management of inter-country Logistics operations.
• This role will maintain relationships across logistics, warehouse and SEA business unit employees to ensure that shipments are delivered to the warehouses within the KPI.
• This role will actively manage the logistics operations of SEA and identify areas for performance improvements. Problems and issues faced are vague, and require reasoning of broader set of issues and variables to identify root cause within job area.
• Applies in-depth advanced knowledge and skills of a specific/specialized technical area with understanding of external environment factors that may affect own specialist area.
• Provides expert advice, coaching and counseling within particular discipline/function area.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop and supervise more junior Logistics & WH staff. Generate weekly inbound KPI and forecasting reports.
- Track and trace shipments daily and proactively advice business units of any delays.
- Coordinate with Forwarders, Brokers and Truckers to ensure issues are resolved immediately.
- Support business units on urgent shipments and new-launch models by closely monitoring each event milestone.
- Provide analysis and report through data process and maintenance (Forecast, Routing, KPI, Container and Load management)
- Oversee destination transportation operation to ensure execution and delivery of priority and KPI containers.
- Coordinate and execute special project transportation and ancillary services
- Document and data collection to support department projects/activities
- Work in a continuous improvement spirit across a highly-matrix working environment
- Stand-Up and stabilize new inbound gateways and processes to reduce lead-time and lower cost per unit.
- Assist Special Project and warehouses on shipments needing re-work and return shipments.
- Identify strategies to improve lead-times, exceptions and production delays.
- Participate in development of budgets, 3PL management and controls of labor costs.
- Maintain processes in full compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory guidelines
- Responsible for solving complex technical problems and responds to complex requests from internal and external customers.
- Makes decisions within guidelines and policies.
- Complete all other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s Degree with minimum 5 years of directly related experience is required.
- Bi-Lingual capabilities required. English and/or Korean, Mandarin, Vietnamese
- Prior experience in International logistics operations required. Strong understanding of wireless products and services desired.
- Prior experience in Multi-Modal Operations (Air, Ocean and Rail)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop and create original analysis. Strong interpersonal and consensus building skills.
- Prior management experience preferred. Prior experience with SAP or similar business enterprise purchasing, inventory control and/or procurement management system required.
- Must have Microsoft Office Suite of PC software applications experience with Excel spreadsheet and PowerPoint preparation skills operating in an NT LAN/WAN systems environment.
Necessary Skills and Attributes
- Experience in a high-volume forward operations
- High-Tech supply chain and/or logistics experience
- Experience in developing new processes, systems and reporting from ground up
- Primary role will include managing the daily oversight of our Inbound, International Logistics operations.
- This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives and Lean tools. Lean process, 5S, Kaizen, process improvement experience
- Remote management and travel (Local/Int’l) will be required to support the operation
- Experience with development, implementing and monitoring of performance metrics
- Drives creation of quality initiatives, process change initiatives and other Lean initiatives to facilitate Best-In-Class operations.
- Works closely with support staff (HR, Finance, Facilities, Safety, IT, Order Management and other Logistics members) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives, as well as providing needed support and resources for other staff initiatives.
- 3PL background or someone who has managed 3PL relationships at a strategic level for 3+ years.
- Inspirational leader capabilities, ability to engage the team and 3PL management to resolve issues through collaborative problem solving
- Strong analytical, communication, negotiation and presentation skills with an ability to lead meetings and prepare presentations with internal & external stakeholders and/or customers
- Experience working simultaneously with various cultures preferred.
- Work proactively with 3PL’s and vendors to ensure continuous improvement and optimal production solutions for future and current distribution channels.
- Ability to manage vendor service contracts with constant evaluation and monitoring of service levels.
- Experience in improving business processes via continuous process review and incorporation of available
- Systems technologies.
- Quick thinking and able make decisions for quick corrective action ensuring problems are overcome.
- Self-starter who works well under limited direction. Ability to work independently with high degree of initiative and drive.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and planning skills.
- Must have track record and ability to develop individuals and establish positive team dynamics.
- Forecasting, Order Management and Ops Analytics experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to influence others in acceptance and approval and to provide clarification.
- The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple and simultaneous projects, issues and activities.
- The ability to read, interpret and simplify complex information from various documents to create clarity and ease of understanding.
- Ability to communicate in writing, through email, reports, presentations, or orally, product logistics matters to all audiences.
- Ability to lead and direct the activities of Forwarders and Truckers to provide effective logistics services and achieve deliveries within the KPI target.
- The ability to clearly define objectives, identify tasks and work assignments, give direction and make decisions based upon applied knowledge of alternatives and work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with senior levels within the organization and within external contacts.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal 50% of work time. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is up to 20 pounds utilizing proper lifting, handling and movement equipment and proper lifting procedures. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical and include time sensitive job stress, fatigue, unpaid over-time, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and project management stress. Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule. Under minimal supervision with a high level of responsibility to apply general policies and guidelines where decisions are seldom monitored, consequences of decisions may adversely affect operating results and management decisions. Position has access to confidential data such as salaries where disclosure may have serious internal and minor external effects.