LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no other company can. We're much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
The Insights organization strives to unlock the power of LinkedIn's data to enable thriving partnerships with every organization in the world, working in close partnership with LinkedIn's global sales and success teams. You can get a glimpse of our team's work and culture at our #poweredbyinsights LinkedIn feed.
As the Insights organization looks ahead, we are building out a new team to define and operationalize our tech stack and capabilities of the future, working in close collaboration with the entire Insights organization and several partners in the product, data and engineering organizations. We are seeking out a Senior Manager to lead this team. The scope will include management of ~6 direct reports with skillsets varying from analytics to program management to data product support, and leading scaling efforts to benefit the entire ~200-person global insights organization. Key cross-functional partners include the head of data engineering, sales intelligence product leaders, and the head of data science. This role will report to the Senior Director of Global Insights, and will sit on the Insights leadership team.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose.
Join us in changing the way the world works.
- Develop and execute the 2-3 year roadmap for Insights Programs & Scaling and inform the direction of the overall Insights organization as a core member of the Insights leadership team.
- Inform data infrastructure roadmap, working closely with leaders in Product, Data Science, and Engineering
- Enable Insights to take advantage of the latest technology and tooling to drive productivity enhancement, innovation, and impact for our customers and the sales organization, working closely with the broader insights organization.
- Define and operationalize the evolution of the core intelligence platform (Merlin) that powers the interactions that our sales team has with customers
- Hire, develop, and create opportunities for a team of program managers and analysts working in a highly cross-functional and adaptive environment. This team should become a coveted destination for top Insights talent and be an on-ramp into new career paths.
- Bachelor Degree
- 6+ years of work experience post college
- 4+ years people management experience
- Degree in Computer Sciences, Math, Statistics or other quantitative fields
- Passion for developing high-performing teams and individuals and developing their careers
- Demonstrated excellence in data analytics, especially in managing analytical teams
- Education or professional exposure to 'big data' and quantitative modeling
- Excellent communication, presentation skills and experience presenting to executive stakeholders
- A strong understanding of sales organizations and sales processes
- Proficiency in some subset of SQL, Presto, Hive, Pig, Python, Tableau, R
- A passion for scaling—making everything the team touches much bigger and more impactful
- Creative interest in explaining, packaging, and visualizing data for different audiences
- Experience working at start-up speeds but across a large organization (by inspiring others to excellence)
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams, ranging from sales to data engineering
- Intellectual curiosity and strong work ethic
- Hands-on experience with enterprise product development