This is an exciting opportunity to join a team identifying unmet patient needs and boldly designing the next generation of products for Edwards Lifesciences. Edwards’ Advanced Technology team is deeply dedicated to solving the complex challenges in the broader structural heart field in order to transform treatment and significantly improve patients’ lives around the world.
Edwards Lifesciences Advanced Technology division has a unique opportunity for a Sr. Manager, Innovation to join our growing team, to be part of the team driving a new and evolving innovation portfolio for the future of Edwards Lifesciences. Be part of the team to build and implement the strategy for needs driven innovation within the AT incubator driving a multi-disciplinary project team to identify opportunities. This highly collaborative role will partner with multiple teams that compete on numerous projects based on value proposition and feasibility of new products.
This strategic role will provide technical guidance and drive new and evolving innovation portfolio for the future of the organization
- Develop, plan and prioritize impactful projects and activities based on value proposition, needs driven innovation and feasibility of new products with accountability for successful completion of all project deliverables
- Serve as the upstream/strategic marketing lead - identify market opportunities/sizing/risks, collect and interpret voice of customer (VOC), understand adoption barriers to new technologies, analyze competitive landscape, determine clear product positioning, and create market development strategies
- Actively contribute to generation of new product concepts, prioritization/screening of concepts, and de-risking through data-driven methods
- Provide business expertise on a range of initiatives including research and insights, channel strategy, valuation and business case development. Clearly articulate the story and value proposition behind the product.
- Support identifying project risks, developing complex mitigation strategies, alternative solutions, resolving issues, etc. in collaboration with cross functional groups. Partner with internal technology and business leaders to identify, develop and execute new product opportunities.
- Identify and evaluate more complex process improvements and/or course correction/alignment opportunities
- Be an influencer for futuristic and disruptive thought patterns and technologies that can become breakthrough solutions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Engineering or Science is required; MBA degree preferred
- Strong upstream marketing experience required
- Cardiovascular domain knowledge, cardiovascular product experience and understanding of cardiovascular physiology required
- 12 years of work, training and/or research experience required (Minimum 8 years of work experience with PHD, Minimum of 10 years with Master’s degree or MBA)
- Medical Device experience from medical device or diagnostics industry required
- Strong entrepreneurial background
- Discovery and product development experience strongly preferred
- R&D experience with implantable medical devices strongly preferred
- Understanding of developing user experience research preferred
- Experience in designing and conducting preclinical studies preferred
- Ability to quickly evaluate solution viability, courage to fail fast and learn from mistakes
- Practical knowledge of clinical and biostatistics
- Influencer with proven experience developing and bringing to market new product innovations.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
- Expert understanding of business strategy, competitive landscape, regulatory environment, and clinical data with broad based business
- Expert knowledge of regulatory, compliance, and related requirements
- Expert understanding of needs driven innovation
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships to drive alignment of objectives
- Proven successful organizational and project management skills
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to represent leadership on projects within multiple areas, interfacing with project managers, team and middle management
- Ability to consult in a project setting within multiple areas, interfacing with low to middle management
- Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite