The IT Senior Manager works effectively with individuals at all levels of business partners, IT management, and third-party managed services providers and provides thought leadership on the best technology strategies and solutions for the assigned lines of business. This role works collaboratively with the business partners and IT members to develop, implement and maintain a technology roadmap for the assigned lines of business to meet the current and future business strategies. The IT Senior Manager drives the sourcing, planning and coordination of the departmental technology activities and ensures objectives of the various initiatives are accomplished within a prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of people leadership; setting expectations, coaching, counseling, training, developing, evaluating, feedback, hiring, discipline and separations. Determines necessary mix of skill set. Manages staffing issues in a constructive and timely manner. Responsible for overall morale of team and promoting cohesive attitude. Establishes staffing/resource plans, determining appropriate mix of sourcing opportunities (outsourcing, off shoring). Responsible for overall Organizational Effectiveness. Builds expert knowledge in our industry and conveys knowledge to others.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable policies and procedures. Participates in setting policies and procedures. Promotes governance and process adherence. Establishes and maintains high-quality relationships with all levels across the company and with external partners. Pursues excellence in all aspects of technology solutions.
- Operates within broad goals and objectives. Assesses impact and makes strategic decisions. Final decision authority for department budget and project activities. Possesses the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change.
- Works with business units to set priorities and annual investments. Responsible for all aspects of budget for supported products and services.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while clarifying roles and responsibilities.
- Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impact the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed. Execute on project activities with activities of business unit(s). Coordinates request for changes from original specifications and ensure proper change communication and impact analysis.
- Ensures that projects follow the established System Development Life Cycle standards and tailors this methodology to meet the project and audit standards.
- Works closely with the end user, business technologists, and others to understand and prioritize business goals and information needs; participate in the development of system requirements and design specifications; refine conceptual systems design requirements into the technical design.
- Assists other development staff, Project Manager(s) and/or Business Analyst in identifying and prioritizing opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise and ensures project dependencies are clearly defined and addressed.
- Anticipates internal clients needs and proposes alternative business solutions. Continually seeks and capitalizes upon opportunities to increase internal client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manages all aspects of systems analysis, design, development, installation, maintenance, and enhancement for mission-critical application systems for an assigned business unit/area.
- Resolves customer technical problems; develops the technical related responses to Requests for Quotes (RFQ's); address technical product issues, delivering and installing new software releases.
- Develops project resourcing strategies, allocating budget, staff, tools, and specialized support necessary for cost-effective implementation and training. Provides direction and integrate activities with other IT departments; ensure successful implementation and support.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of the assigned area. Provides leadership, direction and growth opportunities to members of the department, performing those responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning or directing work, appraising performance, disciplining team members and resolving problems.
- Manages the development and delivery of training for internal IT and external users to ensure productive use of existing and new systems.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
Performs other related duties as required.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree required in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field. Master's Degree is preferred.
Minimum Experience: 10 years of IT work experience, including 5 years managing projects. Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions; demonstrated experience managing customer relationships.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Possesses a combination of business, behavioral, and technical leadership skills, the most important being an understanding of the customers' business needs, processes, and functions.
- Experience in supervising support operations for a multi-site environment, budget and expense management, and contract management.
- Proven track record in deploying large scale technology solutions. Significant prior experience interfacing and liaising between business and technical teams to develop strategies, gather requirements, estimate projects and report progress.
- Knowledge of how to leverage business applications for competitive advantage.
- Knowledge of current technologies with experience in leading inter-organization change to increase efficiency by the implementation of technology.
- Knowledge of the software development process, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, contemporary testing methodologies, and deployment management.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong conceptual and creative skills.
- Experience managing IT medium to large operating budgets.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all levels of management.
- Ability to blend creativity, problem solving, and technical skills for refining existing theories or developing new approaches.
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Ability to communicate needs and schedules to IT and clients.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word .
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience in two or more organizations or two lines of business within same organization preferred