This position is assisting tax leaders within the Tax Reporting function for US GAAPIncome TaxAccounting for Microsoft US and its global affiliates.
- Prepare Microsoft’s US GAAP income tax accounting models including deferred accounting, payable accounting, tax accounts roll-forward, FIN48, return-to-provision true-up, SBC and ETR.
- Provide support with building the processes and calendar to ensure a smooth connection among accounting, tax compliance and tax accounting functions
- Build excellent audit files for financial statement audits
- Provide auditsupport to the Tax Controversies group for issues related to US income tax positions and filings.
- Accountability for maintenance and compliance of key SOX controls related to US tax accounting
- Scrutinize, challenge, and propose change to existing process and procedures
- Keep up to date with tax legislation, SEC Regulations, and US GAAP changes, practice and global developments
- 8+ years of experience of applicable experience
- Deep hands-on expert experience with ASC740 modeling and tax accounting software
- Actual hands-on experience with IRS US and US international corporate income tax
- Strong database and desktop application ability (specifically SAP and MS Office)
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate effectively with team members and business stakeholders
- Exhibit strong analytical thinking, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with excellent prioritization and organizational skills
- BS in Accounting or MSA, MST
- CPA certification is desired
- Previous experience in corporate tax department;
- Previous experience in Big 4 corporate tax practices