Sr. Manager II, Product Development
Want to help change the future of online commerce? Ready to work with a team of bright minds at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology to build the world's most customer-centric home shopping experience?
Hayneedle was recently acquired by Walmart/Jet and is experiencing unprecedented growth. With an entrepreneurial spirit that fosters teamwork and professional development, our business is poised to redefine the way consumers decorate and shop for their home.
We are looking for a Sr. Manager II, Product Development to lead the strategy, product development roadmap, and vision to deliver impact and new brands as part of a very fast paced entrepreneurial team. The ideal candidate will have 8+ years in merchandising, 3+ years managing large and complex projects, and 2+ years of supervisory experience.
This role will report to the Product Development Director and will be based at Hayneedle HQ in Omaha, Nebraska.
WHAT YOU WILL GET TO DO:
- The Senior Manager, Product Development will be responsible for Strategy, Business Planning, and Operations for Private Brands in the allocated categories. This scope includes product development, brand management, and project management.
- This role will lead the strategy, product development roadmap, and vision to deliver impact and new brands as part of a very fast paced entrepreneurial team.
- Develop a 1-3 year strategy which leverages competitive landscape, evolving consumer demands and defines key initiatives in the Home Division.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 8+ Years in merchandising, product development or a related field
- 3+ Years managing large and complex projects
- 2+ Years supervisory experience
- Possess strategic thinking, business acumen and people leadership.
- Proven leadership and experience in cross-functional partnership management.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to influence and tailor messaging for various audiences and stakeholders.
- Possesses natural perseverance, drive, resilience, and flexibility required to create new brands and find resourceful ways to pioneer in an ambiguous, new environment.
- A well-rounded team player, leader, go-getter, self-starter and problem solver excited to build from the ground up.
- Assortment and market analysis skills
- Passion for creating products
- Proven ability to manage through ambiguity
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- In depth category experience
- Brand Management experience
- Packaging or Content experience
- Experience in Sourcing, domestically and overseas
- Experience working for a large, multi-line retailer
- Ecommerce specific experience