Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Sr. Manager, IaaS Server & Systems Operations opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
* Operates the management process of IT operation in relation to IaaS, Server & Systems Operations to ensure efficient and effective service delivery of vendors and suppliers globally
* Manages service level of vendors and suppliers in relation to IaaS, Server & Systems Operations to ensure high quality and reliability, securing IT service for internal customers and external users continuously
* Establishes good relationship with global service delivery vendors and suppliers in regards to IaaS, Server & Systems, to inform Astellas requirements and critical issues timely and effectively as the primary contact cooperating with their peers within Service Delivery Management team and Vendor & Supplier Management group
* Collaborates with other Global Service Delivery Management Leadership Team to ensure that services in regards to IaaS, Server & Systems Operations, continue to meet the changing demands of the business and the changes of service needs are presented to and agreed with the vendors in a timely manner
Essential Job Responsibilities:
o Responsible for researching and recommending IaaS and PaaS and DC Operations strategy, collaborating closely with global service delivery management leadership team.
o Provide guidance and navigation to other IS teams on what and how to plan for needed services in Astellas Hybrid Cloud model.
o Responsible for managing and operating the IT services delivery framework and the metrics of SLAs globally for IaaS, and PaaS and DC Operations by reviewing the key metrics to identify Continuous Improvement opportunities of the IT infrastructure services
o Responsible for monitoring, reviewing and driving performance of vendors and suppliers to meet SLAs, improving the performances globally for IaaS, Server & Systems Operations (e.g. IBM datacenters, remote servers, WINTEL, UNIX, on premise Infrastructure incl. SAP infrastructure)
o Responsible for ensuring security, integrity and confidentiality of services continuously concerning the IaaS, Server & Systems Operations Services group
o Responsible for managing service delivery of vendors (e.g. Accenture, IBM, CAC,) and other smaller vendors
* Execute (IT Operation and Support)
o Responsible for operating and help defining service model globally, monitoring and improving the performances concerning the IaaS, Server & Systems Operations Responsible for identifying and classifying problems and incidents, and managing their impact on the business by minimizing the impact of incidents and maximizing the accessibility of services in regards to the IaaS, Server & Systems Operations Services
o Responsible for issuing recommendations for improvement and creating a related request for change, identifying and monitoring performance improvement actions in a cost effective manner in regards to the IaaS, Server & Systems Operations Services
o Embed Compliance Culture across all Regions of the business ensuring Integrity in Action is actively applied in all initiatives
o Ensure SDM Function(s) strictly adopt a culture of ethics and compliance; leading by example and appropriately challenging non-compliance
o Ensure adherence to Astellas policies relating to Ethics and Compliance standards and interactions with Healthcare Professionals (HCPs), Healthcare Organizations (HCOs) and Patient Organizations (POs)
* Minimum BA/BS degree or equivalent required; advanced degree and/or certifications preferred
* Demonstrated experience with current major cloud service providers (e.g. Azure, Office 365, AWS).
* Demonstrated experience with Cloud Management Service providers (Accenture ACP, Datapipe, Softlayer, etc.)
* Demonstrated experience with Cloud Services Security Assessments
* Demonstrated experience in multiple mainstream technology functions related to Hybrid Cloud Solutions.
* In-depth knowledge of major modern infrastructure, networks, data security and information/communication technologies
* In-depth knowledge of IT Infrastructure Library and IT service management
* In-depth knowledge of pharmaceutical business and related business processes
* In-depth knowledge of pharmaceutical international regulations
* Knowledge of Finance and Accounting processes related to budget management
* Knowledge of Prince2 or another formal project management methodology
* Knowledge of COBIT as information system control guiding principles
* Significant relevant work experience with solid experience working in a matrixed organization together with various internal globally-based stakeholders
* Work experience across multiple cultures and countries / regions is a plus
* Fluent in written and verbal business English
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time.