Redwood City, CA
Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
11 - 15 years
Posted 114 days ago
The Senior Manager, HRMS and Operations is directly responsible for planning and directing the establishment and ongoing administration of core global Human Resources Information Systems via operational objectives and assignments to support short- and long-range Human Resources goals. Oversees the analysis, specification, development and implementation of new or redesigned systems, reports and policies and procedures for internal company-wide use. Manages relationships with vendors and ensures the development of proper communication, training and documentation for system use and maintenance. Often consults, partners with and influences other HR team members and other functional department management in gaining support and developing company-wide use of HRMS functions. Establishes data tables, structures, files, interface requirements and data integrity protocols for ongoing administration.
The Senior Manager/Associate Director, HRMS and Operations is also responsible for quarterly Human Resources metrics data gathering, formatting and publishing a report to management. In addition, will be chartered with developing analytics capability for assessing organizational trends and making recommendations for improvements and initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be innovative, articulate, and a highly-motivated achiever with a passion for the Human Resources function and utilize professional experience to resolve complex issues of diverse scope where thorough and creative analysis of data requires a review of various factors within the context of company policies and procedures.
The position will report to the Vice President, Global Total Rewards and HR Operations within the Human Resources organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
· Managing all aspects of the planning, development, testing, implementation, customer reporting, SOP's and user support for our current and future HRMS system, including integration of HRMS with other HR related systems and other business applications as appropriate
· Acting as the primary business lead, collaborating with IT and functional SME's to translate business requirements into concrete, specific projects, including defining goals, determining needs, preparing the business case, and prioritizing technically feasible solutions
· Developing HRMS policies, procedures, and practices, ensuring alignment of business rules and controls within all applications
· Focusing on usability and customer needs, support and enhance our user experience and usability of our HR systems
· Leading and influencing HR systems projects, including the continuous improvement of our current systems, as well as the identification, selection and implementation of new systems or integrations; serves as the internal lead for new solution implementations or enhancements
· Facilitating the definition of HR projects, including scope, schedule, budget, milestones goals; track and report project deliverables using appropriate tools and metrics; monitor and report project staff, budget and resources allocation
· Preparing and distributing quarterly HR metrics report
· Developing a people analytics function for assessing organizational trends and recommending actions for improvements and initiatives
· Defining annual planning activities and developing a long-term HRMS strategy roadmap
· Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
· Reviewing company compliance with federal and state laws and regulations related to benefits
· Establishing and managing annual budget
· Managing vendor relationship and evaluating vendor performance against service expectations
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
· Excellent project management, including large-scale new system implementation, and vendor relations skills
· Proven influencing, relationship building, and change management skills
· Organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail
· Ability to multi task between different projects and day to day activities
· Ability to provide guidance on Genomic Health's HR processes to other staff members
· Excellent customer service skills
· Knowledge in MS Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
· Knowledge of various Human Resources systems and database applications; and interpreting analytical data
· Bachelor's degree in related filed (Business Administration, Information Technology) or equivalent
· 12 years' work experience in HR systems
· 5 years' management experience
· Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed
· Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
· Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Workday and SuccessFactors experience
· System implementation project lead consulting experience