Based in Chicago, IL
Panera Bread is a specialty concept with unparalleled people and quality products offering careers as diverse as our breads. The Manager, Human Resources, will bring proven results as a strong HR generalist with a solid business background. The role is multi-faceted and will have overall influence on the full cycle of an associate's employment journey (on-boarding, engagement, retention, etc), which includes entry-level through Leadership positions.
The Manager of Human Resources will report to the Director, Human Resources and will align business objectives and strategies with associates and management. Also, the Manager of Human Resources will be a member of the Chicago Hub Leadership Team including dotted line reporting to Daryl Mackenthun.
Finally, as a member of the HR Team the Human Resource Manager will be an ambassador of Panera's Cultural Values, proactively developing strong business partnerships throughout Panera.
This role is based in our Chicago Hub, 1490 Chase Avenue, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 and will support facilities located in Detroit, Toronto, and Minneapolis.
- Support organizational priorities and Human Resource strategies and initiatives by developing, implementing and leading relevant and effective strategic processes, procedures, and programs; demonstrate best practices, establish project plans and ensure objectives are met.
- Act as an ambassador of Panera's cultural values and foster an environment where associate suggestions, concerns, and requests are handled with proper discretion, objectivity and fairness.
- Maintain systems that assess organizational talent, bench strength, and individual developmental needs. Use resources and succession planning tools to drive business results and encourage personal development, including that of other Human Resources associates.
- Consult with appropriate parties to investigate and resolve employee complaints, concerns, and/or third party interventions, in a timely manner. Ensure fair and equitable treatment and consistently follow all applicable laws and company policies, procedures, practices, and values.
- Own hiring strategies and process to ensure a full pipeline of hourly associates at supported facilities.
- Support planning and coordination of New Hire On-boarding programs and various other culture events.
- Conduct Human Resource audits to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws & regulations, as well as company policies and procedures. Initiate corrective actions when violations are discovered with appropriate managers and employees.
- Participate in special projects and/or other assignments as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources (or in related field) or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least five years of professional Human Resources experience at a manager/senior generalist level or above.
- PHR or SPHRpreferred.
- Demonstrate expert working knowledge of concepts, procedures, practices, and legislation related to HRlaw and workplace guidelines.
- Food manufacturing or contemporary manufacturing industry experiencepreferred.
- Exceptional people skills, strong organizational capabilities and a master at balancing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion to create win-win solutions that support overall business objectives.
- Experience supporting multi-location workforce
- Outstanding oral and written communications, with proven ability to communicate effectively in a variety of settings (one-on-one meetings, small and large groups, and with individuals at all levels of the organization).
- Possess excellent judgment, decision-making skills, problem-solving skills and business acumen.
- Proven ability to become a trusted partner/advisor to leaders by collaborating, partnering and influencing decisions to achieve the best possible outcomes for the organization.
- Possess strong project management skills, particularly the ability to prioritize responsibilities within a project ensuring that it is on-budget and on schedule.
- Thrives in a challenging work environment with ability to manage competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change or unexpected events.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- 50-70% TravelRequired