Reporting to the Senior Director of Human Capital, the Senior Manager of Employee Relations and Business Partners will establish and refine Alignment Healthcare’s employee relations strategy and drive HR initiatives to support business objectives. The Senior Manager of Employee Relations will oversee the HR Business Partners and manage all aspects of Employee Relations, such as Employee Handbook, Investigations, Employee Complaints and Performance Management. Additionally, the Senior Manager of Employee Relations will drive Alignment’s Human Capital (HC) strategy to attract, develop, advance, and engage employees across the organization by providing comprehensive support in the areas of workforce planning, organizational effectiveness, talent management, training and development, and compensation.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of employment laws and ensures regulatory compliance
- Limits potential risk and exposure to the company by effectively partnering with our PEO to manage and resolve basic and complex employee relations issues through conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations as necessary
- Reviews and revises Employee Handbook; Develops new handbook policies
- Audits and refines existing HC processes and workflows
- Analyzes employee relations data and prepare periodic reports
- Provides managerial training related to employment law, policies and procedures; mentors, and coaches managers
- Oversees background check process for new hires
- Oversees job descriptions and corresponding FLSA classification
- Reviews Personnel actions including annual and merit increases, promotions and transfers.
- Serves as a resource and a subject matter expert for all HC compliance related activities; May present periodically to Alignment’s Compliance committee.
- Assists with development and alignment of HC initiatives to Corporate and Functional objectives
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HC team to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Conducts regular meetings with Business leaders to:
- Identify and develop recommendations to personnel matters, such as turnover, exit interviews and employee morale
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructuring
- Support and consult with business leaders to determine staffing needs, position selections, and corresponding compensation
- Partners with HC team and Business leaders to implement and maintain HC initiatives and programs, such as workforce planning, performance management, talent assessment, succession planning, employee engagement, and learning and development
- Creates communications, training materials, and other change management mechanisms to educate internal and external stakeholders on new and revised policies, processes, and programs that comply with all legal requirements and consistent with regulatory laws and regulations.
- May participate in other projects such as: benefit program review and design; compensation structure development; improvement of new employee orientation, etc.
Oversees any assigned staff. Responsibilities include: recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees; assigning workload; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; and coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Experience:
- 10+ years Human Resource experience.
- 5+ years management experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of computer programs and applications required.
- Other Skills and Abilities:
- Good analytical skills.
- Maturity and confidentiality required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Work Environment
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.